Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just putting it out there over here in AUS we have had countless 82nd airborne limbs explode ive personally seen it happen at full draw. i actually own one and shoot it on a regular basis.

does this happen in the US or does it only happen in AUS just wondering what it could be looking for some insite so anything would be good thanks

:)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
I have heard of it happening with the 08 model bows that had solid limbs. It even happened to me on my 08. Bowtech replaced the solid limbs on my bow with the laminated 09 version which were built to address the problem. I personally have not heard of any problems with the 09 82nds and believe that Bowtech solved the problem.

Automan

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good to know ye i got the 09 version too holding onto the warrenty tho if they do go i can always get another set its one sweet shooter tho

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone else got some insite on the issue???? :darkbeer:

·
Registered
451 Posts
I haven't had any problems with my 08 82nd yet. However with my setup I probably don't put the stress on the limbs that some guys do. I have 70lb limbs turned down to 62lbs and have the 26.5 draw mods on the bow which is the shortest it will go. If mine ever "explode" I will be sure to let everyone know, but so far so good on my 08.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
just putting it out there over here in AUS we have had countless 82nd airborne limbs explode ive personally seen it happen at full draw. i actually own one and shoot it on a regular basis.

does this happen in the US or does it only happen in AUS just wondering what it could be looking for some insite so anything would be good thanks

:)
It only happens in Australia..........you guys gotta lay off the Fosters and the 'roo meat.......:pukey:.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Here comes the posse..............................:eek:

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
No mate, it has become an epidemic here also. :darkbeer:
1248 posts and I'll bet 1240 of them bash Bowtech. Give it a rest!!! Everyone knows you are a Bowtech hater so move on to something else.

Automan

·
Registered
594 Posts
Ya.....Ya.....Ya.....and great pictures of the exploding bows too !!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
good to know maybe they've fixed it this year :S

·
Registered
397 Posts
1000's of shots on mine, and no problems. They even withstood a dry fire when the bow was new (long story).

·
Registered
714 Posts
I have heard of it happening with the 08 model bows that had solid limbs. It even happened to me on my 08. Bowtech replaced the solid limbs on my bow with the laminated 09 version which were built to address the problem. I personally have not heard of any problems with the 09 82nds and believe that Bowtech solved the problem.

Automan
lol,,ya,doesnt do you much good though when you cant see out that eye anyore cause its been blown out of your head by splintering fiberglass!!!
ive never seen a company with so much bs going on then bowtech,and ive owned many of them!,,general,82nd,guardian and so on!!
......after the recalls and the blow ups,,,i wont buy any garbage from them anymore,,,seems like they just rush stuff out and worry about it later!,,,,
i luved my guardian though......thats a darn shame.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
lol,,ya,doesnt do you much good though when you cant see out that eye anyore cause its been blown out of your head by splintering fiberglass!!!
ive never seen a company with so much bs going on then bowtech,and ive owned many of them!,,general,82nd,guardian and so on!!
......after the recalls and the blow ups,,,i wont buy any garbage from them anymore,,,seems like they just rush stuff out and worry about it later!,,,,
i luved my guardian though......thats a darn shame.
So now between you and another blowhard, so far we have broken arms, smashed skulls, and now eyeballs that are blown outta our heads, anything else?

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
So now between you and another blowhard, so far we have broken arms, smashed skulls, and now eyeballs that are blown outta our heads, anything else?
I shoot two Bowtechs, so that must be the reason my friend's, brother's, cousin's, boss's, girlfriend's, mother-in-law's, brother has trouble with memory loss. See, it can all be traced back to my two Bowtechs. I better get a Mathews and straighten out this whole mess.

Automan

·
Registered
450 Posts

They forgot sore ribs, constipation and attention disorder

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Helping out at the shop this past summer, I can def say there is an "issue" with the 82nd limbs- I've seen several come back just the few months I was there, and one of the customers was going on his 3rd set for his. These were all 08s.

Nice shooting bow, really nice, but they need to re-engineer the thing a bit- the riser needs some added strength between the stabilizer mount, and lower limb pocket area. I've seen a a few brand new Bowtechs/Diamonds that use the same basic riser "blank" (Nitrous, Air Raid, 82nd,101 etc) with slightly tweaked risers in that area.

·
Registered
141 Posts
i had my 08 82nd limbs explode on me at full draw...... scared the crap outta me :pukey: then got new 09 limbs shot them bout 100 times and they were delaminating....... now i got another set of 09 limbs with bout 1000 shots on em and no problems.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got on line to search for problems with bowtech 82nd limbs. Purchased one late summer 08 and didn't get to shoot much. After about 150 shots the factory installed hush kit ripped apart. Pulled it out last week to site in some broadheads and the limb cracked. Never dry-fired, 350 rounds through it at most, never had up over 62# (70# limbs), 27in draw, lightest arrow shot out of it was about 330gr. Called the dealer up and he acted totally surprised, said he has never even heard of a problem with these bow's limbs. Hunting season started 2 days ago and the limbs just came in but they are black target limbs, says the dealer, because bowtech didn't have the camo hunting limbs in stock!??? Which will be shipped in 2 weeks when they have more made??? That's the story I got. Either bowtech had such a problem that they are out of limbs or the economy is hitting them so hard that they have depleated their inventory. Or the dealer is a total liar, which is probably the case. Anyway, I'm saying there is a problem. And still can't go hunting (dealer hasn't put the limbs on for me yet because he says he's too busy).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts