Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am new to this forum and I found it out at my local pro shop.
I am hoping to be drawn for an elk tag this year and it just so happens that I just out grew my old bow.
I am looking for a new one either the Bowtech Admiral or the Mathews Reezen. I know that both are well known names and both have their selling points.
That is where I need your help.
I love how both of them feel and look.
I was just wondering what some of your opionions are on either of these.
Thanks for your help.

· Registered
2,143 Posts
Welcome aboard. Let this be the first of no doubt many responses that say's you really need to shoot them both to decide which feels better for you. They are both excellent bows. I went with the Admiral for a few reasons. The Admiral doesn't need a cam swap to change draw length. Some may discount this but you need to realize that draw lengths vary from company to company and what one calls 28" can be closer to 29" with another manufacturer. If a cam swap is involved many times the shooter ends up shooting a poorly fitted bow, it's a non issue with the Bowtech. The draw is adjustable without any hassle and can be fine tuned with the draw stop also, all you need is an allen wrench. It will also make selling the bow much easier when you want to replace it. The other big thing with me is the Bowtech is remarkably quieter at the shot, nothing else is quieter than a center pivot Bowtech. As far as performance, flip a coin as they both will likely shoot better than you can.

· Registered
1,206 Posts
Welcome aboard. Let this be the first of no doubt many responses that say's you really need to shoot them both to decide which feels better for you. They are both excellent bows. I went with the Admiral for a few reasons. The Admiral doesn't need a cam swap to change draw length. Some may discount this but you need to realize that draw lengths vary from company to company and what one calls 28" can be closer to 29" with another manufacturer. If a cam swap is involved many times the shooter ends up shooting a poorly fitted bow, it's a non issue with the Bowtech. The draw is adjustable without any hassle and can be fine tuned with the draw stop also, all you need is an allen wrench. It will also make selling the bow much easier when you want to replace it. The other big thing with me is the Bowtech is remarkably quieter at the shot, nothing else is quieter than a center pivot Bowtech. As far as performance, flip a coin as they both will likely shoot better than you can.
what he said!

· Registered
1,881 Posts
I have shot both bows side by side and for me it is the Admiral. I was not impressed with the Reezen but the Admiral knocked me back with the shot. It is one of the shoothest shootin bows I have ever put my hands on. Dead in the hand. Just my 2 cents.

· Registered
11,867 Posts
I thought the Reezen had alot of hand shock, it's all a personal preferance.

I dont think you can find a bow that is as quite as the Admiral.

Good luck

· Registered
17,332 Posts
Bowtech Admiral gets my vote between those two. It's an awesome feeling/shooting rig!

· Bowhunter
5,278 Posts
I shot both for kicks. The Reezen has a lot of vibration (can you say tuning fork?) and hand shock. The Admiral is light, quiet, and almost completely vibration-free. I would buy the Admiral hands down over the Reezen and probably any other bow on the market today.

That said, I will continue to own and shoot my 2005 Switchback. Those new bows are big money purchases and I cannot justify an upgrade, which the Admiral would be to the Switchback IMO. But if money were no object I'd buy the Admiral in a second.

· Registered
312 Posts
Brother wasnt being a funny guy just agreeing with what was said I shot them both and went with the admiral the reezen that I shot had some hand shock and was a little loud for my liking . It was the fastest of the 5 bows I shot that day . The admiral was the smoothest and fit me great

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am still very supprised that i have not seen anything positive on the reezen, my proshop had nothing really good to say about the admiral other than it is very silient.
Bump

· Registered
388 Posts
IMHO I'd go with the Admiral. Much smoother all around. I am not a fan of the Mathews grip.

A big plus for the Mathews is that they do typically retain higher speeds at lower poundage.

Meaning:

A Reezen at 62lbs will be faster than my High Country at 62lbs with same arrow.
Saw it with my own eyes or would have never believed it!

· Registered
1,881 Posts
As far as the groupin goes the Admiral did a little better for me but Ithink the set up has alot to do with the set up. If you take more time on set up with one over the other well................

· Registered
1,796 Posts
I am still very supprised that i have not seen anything positive on the reezen, my proshop had nothing really good to say about the admiral other than it is very silient.
Bump
I have not seen the Reezen come close to competing with the other new bows that came out, and to tell the truth, have not really heard anyone "rave" about the Reezen like people do their AM32's and bowtechs.

· Registered
593 Posts
Welcome! and remember it's like buying a couch it's all about comfort!

Well Carbon you will soon realize everyone on here are sponsored shooters:bs: but it realy comes down to what your looking for in a bow, and what feels comfortable to you. Make sure to shoot both bows, and then compare them by how they felt to you. Since we've already established they are both great companies the only thing left is what realy makes you happy, and what you will feel most comfortable shooting, but hey since I shoot for Diamond, well at least I shoot a diamond Iceman same thing as admiral besides cams I will have to say go with the bowtech. And good luck and welcome to AT everyone on here has something to share and their is alot to learn some truly amazing archers on here! :wink:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.