Archery Talk Forum banner

Bowtech Admiral Timing Questions

2459 Views 12 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Swamp Rabbit
On the cam there is the "1" and then a bunch of dots. Should the string/cable cross the dots at the same spot on both cams? Or are they set differently?
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
4,289 Posts
Counting back from the "1" They should be close, however those dots are just for reference. Check to make sure both cams are rotated the same at full draw, and let the dots fall where they may (they'll be close)

· Registered
630 Posts
According to Bowtech Tech Support, on my Captain, both cams should be between the 8 and 12 dots. Admiral might be different, but both should be the same.

· Registered
630 Posts
According to Bowtech Tech Support, on my Captain, both cams should be between the 8 and 12 dots. Admiral might be different, but both should be the same.

· Registered
630 Posts
Sorry for the multiple posts. The forum is running weird.

· Registered
2,143 Posts
I just bought my Admiral today and they are no where near equal butthe cams rotate perfectly equal and my BH and ATA are bang on as well as draw weight. At 26.5" DL and 60lbs I am getting 288 fps with a 299 gr. arrow, a loop and a peep.

· ObsessionArchery.com
3,914 Posts
I just did a sentinel and the cams at rest (undrawn) should be close but I wanted to know at full draw. So here is what I did.

On my draw jig at full draw, I counted the draw stop holes in the cams where the cable crosses the holes. Count them on both cams, they should be equal. I confirmed this by putting a draw check arrow on the lobe of the cam where the cable attaches. This is the only FLAT spot on this cam to use as a reference mark.

I'll try to get some pictures and do a little article so you can see what I'm talking about.

Now pay attention to the other dots too because that gives you the cam rotation. You don't want to get the roration out of spec while try to sync them perfectly. I'll be doing some more testing to find the optimal performance for the rotation as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.