Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
I'm not sure of the exact date, but heres something to get you by.:D I got to shoot it all last weekend...what a bow! I was dead set on an Admiral until I shot this.;)

·
10,219 Posts
I'm not sure of the exact date, but heres something to get you by.:D I got to shoot it all last weekend...what a bow! I was dead set on an Admiral until I shot this.;)

Looks Nice! :darkbeer: What Changed your mind if ya don`t mind me asking...;) Are the Limb Pockets Standard Silver as pictured,or is that an Option? Thanks, J.R.

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
The hardware is a light bronze color, and it looks real nice. It has an extremely smooth draw and good speed and no hand shock. The one pictured is a 65lb bow, but felt much less when drawn. Its gonna be a great hunting/3-D bow IMO.:) And to answer your question, I just liked looks and the overall feel of this bow.

·
Banned
146 Posts
These pictures are tearing me up! I'm DEFINITELY looking forward to shooting one in the near future. I was checking out the S.W.A.T last week, and the in-velvet finish on these new Bowtechs feels great.

From what I "hear", I'll hopefully be shooting an Air Raid next week, or shortly thereafter.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Is the grip a one piece or does it have side plates like the rest of the Bowtechs? In the picture it kinda lookes like a full one piece grip.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Nice pic..Im hearing they are gonna start hitting the shops on the 15th..
Man i cant wait

·
Registered
350 Posts
Not long now...

Talked with my rep Wed. He said the bow has been undergoing testing. 40,000 shots and no problems. They disassembled the test bow and checked all tolerances, etc, and did a mock up yesterday. If all went well with the mock up, they would start assembly for shipment. The 15th seems to be the magic number to start shipping. That would make it a half year bow, and if it holds true to all previous reads of folks who have shot it, it could be one of the most sought after bows on the market. I've had 10 on order, and may wish I had more. It is been compared to a Tribute on steroids. I have an '06 Trib, that I will not sell. It has done 315fps with the fast mods... UPS takes 7 days from Eugene to Mississippi, so I'm lookin' around the 22nd. Bummer... Can't wait, but it may be worth it.

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
:shade:wow...thanks for the picture Paul!!

did you get a chance to shoot it through a chrono?

How did the balance feel for you?

Overall weight?

did you shoot it with a stabilizer?

sorry for all of the questions......:shade:

No, I didn't shoot it through a chrono, but she's quick...336 IBO. It balances very well even without a stabilizer. It's not heavy, right around 4lbs I believe. You're welcome for the picture. :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
near perfection

I shot the Air Raid last Saturday as well - WI Deer & Turkey Expo. I had shot a dozen bow & had narrow it down to a DXT or an Admiral. After reading all the hype about the Air Raid here on AT, I went to the Expo in hopes that I could see & possiblly shoot the Air Raid. All I can say is WOW.

At the show, I got to shoot a DXT at one booth & the Admiral, the Diamond Iceman, & the Air Raid side by side at the Bowtech booth.

The Air Raid's draw cycle is close to that of the DXT, it weighs just an ounce or two more than the Admiral, & just like the Admiral - there is NO BOW SHOCK. Balance is just about perfect. After a shot, the top of the bow will slowly drift backwards. You can shoot this bow with an open hand & no wrist strap & the bow will not jump out of your hand.

As a comparision, the Admiral they had was set at 58#'s. The draw was smooth but there was a bump for last 2". It was manageable for me but there was a hint of struggle everytime I got there. I then had them max out the bow weight. The bump was like hitting a wall for me as I could no longer pull the bow back. The Air Raid, on the other hand, was set at 65#'s. It's draw cycle was about the same as the Admiral but without the bump. I could pull & shoot the bow with ease.

The bow is every bit as good as the hype that's been written about it on AT & other sites. I placed an order for an Air Raid the next day. I can't wait for it to show up.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I shot the Air Raid last Saturday as well - WI Deer & Turkey Expo. I had shot a dozen bow & had narrow it down to a DXT or an Admiral. After reading all the hype about the Air Raid here on AT, I went to the Expo in hopes that I could see & possiblly shoot the Air Raid. All I can say is WOW.

At the show, I got to shoot a DXT at one booth & the Admiral, the Diamond Iceman, & the Air Raid side by side at the Bowtech booth.

The Air Raid's draw cycle is close to that of the DXT, it weighs just an ounce or two more than the Admiral, & just like the Admiral - there is NO BOW SHOCK. Balance is just about perfect. After a shot, the top of the bow will slowly drift backwards. You can shoot this bow with an open hand & no wrist strap & the bow will not jump out of your hand.

As a comparision, the Admiral they had was set at 58#'s. The draw was smooth but there was a bump for last 2". It was manageable for me but there was a hint of struggle everytime I got there. I then had them max out the bow weight. The bump was like hitting a wall for me as I could no longer pull the bow back. The Air Raid, on the other hand, was set at 65#'s. It's draw cycle was about the same as the Admiral but without the bump. I could pull & shoot the bow with ease.

The bow is every bit as good as the hype that's been written about it on AT & other sites. I placed an order for an Air Raid the next day. I can't wait for it to show up.
Nice review..thanks!
The time is getting close for us that have been waiting..

·
Registered
281 Posts
For those of you who have had the opportunity to shoot the Air Raid, did the bow have the smooth mods or speed mods? I am interested in the higher IBO of the speed mods, but not sure of the difference in the draw. I am currently shooting an 06 Tribute with smooth mods. Any insight would be appreciated.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts