Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 07 model when it first came out, loved that bow. Thinking about getting another one but now sure what year it is (waiting for guy to give me more info on it). I called and talked to Bowtech this morning and limbs and cams and mods are still available for them. Any information about the 05-06, 08 i should know? Issues or problems?

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
get Barnsdale limbs for a replacement... thats what I did for mine .... my '06 is still my main bow.... it still out shoots most bows on the market today ... BTW, the '06 uses modules to change draw length... and there are two types: Smooth an Fast, dont mix em ... fast has a little harsher draw and let down, but give about an extra 8-10 fps at the same poundage/same arrow ...... with the smooths, I get 305fps/375gr Velocity 340 XT @ 62lbs/30" draw .... about 312fps with the fast mod's.... I like the smooth ...

Attachments

·
Registered
16,161 Posts
05 was draw specific,
06 was one piece grip and goes to 30" draw
07/08 two piece grip and reach 30.5" draw.

·
Registered
8,997 Posts
That is interesting that they have parts for a 2005 bow and don't supposedly have parts for 5 year old bows. Maybe I am wrong about this.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
05 was draw specific,
06 was one piece grip and goes to 30" draw
07/08 two piece grip and reach 30.5" draw.
This pretty much sums it up.
Only thing I'd add is 07's had grey cams and a standard finish. 08's had black cams and "in-velvet" finish....but I know someone who bought an 08 w/o the in-velvet. When he called BT, they said it was an early model.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have an 05 that served me very well. One limb was replaced under warranty. Other then that no issues at all. The 05 does have the draw length specific cams. Great bow.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
The strings and cables are different length. Mine is a 2006 and l thought it was a 2007. Made string and cables using 2007 specs. My 60 lb. bow turned into a 80 lb. bow LOL. I made a set using 2006 specs and bow was 61 lbs with limbs bottomed out. Don

1 - 13 of 13 Posts