Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19,169 Posts
When I hear voices I drink more beer. But mostly I'm friends with all the voices I hear.

But for real here I haven't heard anything about them being in trouble. I sure hope not they push the industry and make great bows even tho I don't own any newer bowtechs anymore but they make a great product

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
It's like Timothy B. Schmit the bassist for the Eagles said one time. All rock bands are on the verge of breaking up at all times. The bow company rumors are usually like that. World wide recession forecast for later this year and next, see how that pans out.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Here in Italy I heard voices about Bowtech being in troubles, but I can't believe it's true...
Does anybody have news about Bowtech Archery going out of business soon?
I haven't heard anything about Bowtech going "Out of Business"... I have heard they are making some changes in order to re-evaluate the $$$ situation. This doesn't tell me they are having $$$ problems.... It tells me they aren't making the profits that they think they should be making.

I read the following on a Facebook thread so please take these words with the "proverbial grain of salt" as I have no REAL "insider information" or the ability to confirm or deny:

- they are/were removing/restructuring "Contingency Payouts" to Amateur classes at some or all National Competitions. I'd bet they are looking at their ROI.

- reducing the number of "Paid Pros". One person who claimed to have first hand knowledge stated that "Paige and Tim" were the only shooters to receive a Paycheck from Bowtech in this or the next round of contracts. I don't even know if Paige and Tim actually get a check other than Contingency. But this "random guy" on FB seemed to be privy to a lot of details.

Again, I don't believe this means Bowtech is in trouble... I re-evaluate my business practices almost daily to ensure future fiscal health. I'd suspect Bowtech is doing the same thing on a much larger scale.

I looked through a few pages of the 30 or so Archery specific pages I visit on FB.... I couldn't find the thread/post

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
- they are/were removing/restructuring "Contingency Payouts" to Amateur classes at some or all National Competitions. I'd bet they are looking at their ROI.

- reducing the number of "Paid Pros". One person who claimed to have first hand knowledge stated that "Paige and Tim" were the only shooters to receive a Paycheck from Bowtech in this or the next round of contracts. I don't even know if Paige and Tim actually get a check other than Contingency. But this "random guy" on FB seemed to be privy to a lot of details.
This may be the source of the "voices" I heard...
I spoke to a shop owner here in Italy that said another shop owner told him right this morning, that Bowtech was stopping and/or reducing considerably athletes sponsorships.
And he also said they're doing this because they have big $$$ troubles, but this may be a conclusion of his own...

·
Mark
6,529 Posts
It won’t be much longer and everyone will have financial troubles! Go out and shoot while you can 😉
Hard to believe the left wingers was handed a silver platter and in 2 years screwed it all up! The ones feeling the pain are middle class workers who are the majority of archers. Cost me $20 in gas every time I drive to my land to hunt. We went from a President who put Americans first to one that puts Americans last.

·
Full Time Novice
9,178 Posts
Well the whole law suit with Mathew’s would have been bad had Mathew’s not pursued any more cash.

As far as them having issues I know that this year seems to be a tough year for them. Outside of that i have not heard anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
NAASP
7,185 Posts
How could they have had a bad year with all those people getting stimulus checks? You can't find a boat to buy now without waiting a year!

Reactions: Hlzr and RH1
1 - 14 of 14 Posts