Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never done this myself and would like to learn more about it so I can. For example how to do it, what to look for, and what to adjust on my bow to solve it? I know some concepts with tuning, but not a enough to feel good about doing it.

· Registered
1,097 Posts
Mine never got a PERFECT hole, but it on centershot wise and its level, and it's shooting great from 20-60yrds, so I'm not to worried about it. Paper tuning in general is pretty easy, I help out at the local shop all the time with it. All you have to do is move the rest where the arrow is pointing. Heres a good chart, if you need it.
Text Font Technology

· Registered
3,751 Posts
for what its worth my buddy bought an Insanity XL and he couldnt get it to paper tune, he gave up, just center shot it and it shoots pretty good.
With twin yokes on that bow, I find it hard to believe it would not tune.
Overdrive binary cams should be some of the easiest to tune.

· Socket Man
25,841 Posts
If you have access to a bow press then get rid of all cam lean at full draw and get the bow cam synced. If you don't have access to a press and a draw board you aren't screwed, I tuned bows for years and got awesome arrow flight without them.

1. put rest in the center of the shelf where you like it to be and leave it alone for a while.

2. Move the d-loop up and down the string and shoot through paper until you find the sweetspot for the d-loop where you got the best tears.

3. Now move the rest left and right until you find the bullet holes you are looking for.

Screw the charts that try to tell you exactly which way to move the rest, they are a waste of time. The most over looked part of tuning is the moving of the d-loop, most everyone simply installs it and then tries to twist yolks and move the rest and sometimes they have created a huge problem by not doing the d-loop part. If you find the tear staying the same no matter what you do it is a torque in your grip problem or fletching contact. You must rule out these things when you have the same tear no matter what problem.

· Registered
3,065 Posts
Mine never got a PERFECT hole, but it on centershot wise and its level, and it's shooting great from 20-60yrds, so I'm not to worried about it. Paper tuning in general is pretty easy, I help out at the local shop all the time with it. All you have to do is move the rest where the arrow is pointing. Heres a good chart, if you need it.
View attachment 1603702
Nice chart

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.