Archery Talk Forum banner

Bowtech Assassin Ready Aim Kill vs Ready to Hunt Package

• Ready Aim Kill

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Ready to Hunt

Votes: 7 43.8%

Bowtech Assassin Ready Aim Kill vs Ready to Hunt

6957 10
My question is regarding Bowtech Assassin Ready Aim Kill vs Ready to Hunt packages.
Is the price difference worth it?

I am going to buy locally just doing research and found this page.
Are these the correct items in the packages?

http://www.huntersfriend.com/2011_Bowtech_Assassin_Package/bowtech_binary_cam_compound_bow.htm

I most likely was going to buy QAD Ultra Rest Bone collector and the Limbsaver S coil stabilizer. Most probably Black Ops. Additionally, I was also going to purchase AW Bone Collector Case.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
I have an assassin and i've basically changed everything on it already. It's a good setup if someones looking for a good starter bow or doesn't have the money for aftermarket acc. I was told at my pro shop that you can't buy the assassin bare bow, so if you like the assassin it's coming with the r.a.k package. Just sell the stuff when you start upgrading. Assassin great bow. R.a.k package not so great.JMO

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Indeed, It comes with RAK package but is the upgrade to RAH worth it? Does it include those items from the website I posted? What is the price difference ($100)?
Either way I will be upgrading rest and stabilizer.

· Registered
5,381 Posts
I think that extra $100 package is something specific to that particular website, those aren't related to bowtech at all. For $100 you're getting 6 generic arrows, a $30 case, $28 broadheads that may or not be the brand you prefer, and a $20 release. Not worth it in my opinion.

· Registered
5,381 Posts
I think your best bet is going to be to go to your dealer, tell him you're considering an assassin, and tell him the accessories you're considering buying at the same time. If his price for everything doesn't seem good to you, then just buy the bow through him and piece the extras together on your own.

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On that front, would it be better to get the rest and the stabilizer (and possibly the case) before I go into buy it, then have him install, or buy them from him?
Sorry for the "silly" questions, it is first bow and don't have much experience at all.
I found the QAD Pro Ultra Rest for 110 on ebay new, the Limbsaver s coil Stabilizer for 13 on ebay new and the Bone Collector All Weather Case for 100 online new.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.