Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Fairly new to AT. I love this site though, lots of great information and great guys out there helping each other.

I got a question for you guys that know more than me. I'm thinking about picking up a second bow (bowtech assassin). I want to install a Saunders hyper glide on it for the cables, however I want to know if this is something I can do myself. (I hear the stock cable holder is junk, and I want more speed out of it also). I would also like to know any recommendations you guys have for me out there to get some more speed out of this bow. I know fps ain't everything, but this will be my second hunting bow, and double as a target bow as well. Thanks for the help guys!

· I Got Serious!
3,398 Posts
Yes you can install the Saunders slide yourself. There's really not much you can do to get more speed other than lighter arrows, assuming your bow is tuned well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Anti Fanboy
49,896 Posts
I have an Assissin too. I also have a Hyper-Glide on it's way to me soon. From what I've been reading, most everyone is having to slightly cut the grooves deeper so the cables don't rub at full draw. I will know more about it soon, I hope.

The speed is pretty much what you get. It is what it is. I've talked with a couple really good tuners on this and they said they cannot get much more speed out of the bow even with different speed nocks and silencers.

BTW, welcome to the forum. Feel free to ask any questions you want.

Skeet.

· Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The speed is pretty much what you get. It is what it is. I've talked with a couple really good tuners on this and they said they cannot get much more speed out of the bow even with different speed nocks and silencers.
Awesome, thanks for the replies Skeet and link.

I live pretty out in the sticks, and the closest pro shops are at least an hour away. So anything I can do to my own bow to improve it would be a good time and money saver for me. I am confident in my own tuning abilities, what are the recommendations for tuning a 2012 Assassin? Does the 2012 model have DL stops on both cams on your model skeet?

· Anti Fanboy
49,896 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the replies Skeet and link.

I live pretty out in the sticks, and the closest pro shops are at least an hour away. So anything I can do to my own bow to improve it would be a good time and money saver for me. I am confident in my own tuning abilities, what are the recommendations for tuning a 2012 Assassin? Does the 2012 model have DL stops on both cams on your model skeet?
The 2012 Assissins has one draw stop, on the top cam. I purchased another one for the bottom cam and she is rock solid now. I did have to use my drawboard for syncing them, however. For whatever reasons, the numbers don't agree with each other from the top to bottom cams. So I got it to full draw on my drawboard and slid the bottom stop against the limb, then tightened it up.

But it is in tune for sure.

I have not needed to do much with mine. There are two small dots on each cam that the cable needs to be centered between them at static. So it's easy to keep in sync.

I did have to put a twist in the cables to keep them between the dots when the new stings settled a few times.

I also had to put a twist or two in my string for peep tuning.

Other than that, she's a shooting machine.

Skeet.

· Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help guys! really appreciate it!

· Registered
303 Posts
Actually, I think you have that backwards. On a binary cam system the cams are mirror images of each other and are slaved together by the cables, the string is just there to rotate the cams. That being the case you want the draw stops to be the same on both cams. Then when your at full draw then you want the stops to hit at the same time. If that is not happening it means that one cam is advanced and one is ******ed. You can change the cams and get them in sync by twisting or untwisting one cable only. Put it back in the draw board and see what it does to the draw stops. Then you can twist or untwist both cables and string together to set the draw length, draw weight, valley and let-off for your shooting style. Once that is done if your worried about speed then shoot through a chrono and start twisting or untwisting cables and string together. In doing so you will find the optimum or most efficient timing of the cams.

On a hybrid cam system you can sync cams at brace but not on a binary system.

The 2012 Assissins has one draw stop, on the top cam. I purchased another one for the bottom cam and she is rock solid now. I did have to use my drawboard for syncing them, however. For whatever reasons, the numbers don't agree with each other from the top to bottom cams. So I got it to full draw on my drawboard and slid the bottom stop against the limb, then tightened it up.

But it is in tune for sure.

I have not needed to do much with mine. There are two small dots on each cam that the cable needs to be centered between them at static. So it's easy to keep in sync.

I did have to put a twist in the cables to keep them between the dots when the new stings settled a few times.

I also had to put a twist or two in my string for peep tuning.

Other than that, she's a shooting machine.

Skeet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.