Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there this is my first post, so hello everybody.

I've recently been in South Africa and got hooked on bowhunting.The last couple of weeks I've been looking for a hunting bow and among others I consider to buy a Bowtech Experience OR an Assassin.I've read alot of good reviews on both of them and watched those JnJArcheryRepair videos on youtube.
It doesn't seem like the Experience is a lot better than the Assassin.I dont have a Bow shop that sells Bowtech anywhere near so unfortunately I cant try myself.If anybody has shot both it would be great to get a statement if it's worth spending the 300$ more.

thanks in advance

please excuse my poor english skills

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
To me it is worth it because I like to do a lot of tweaking and tuning. So the experience with the OD Binary cams lets me do that. If you have no intention of doing any of that stuff, then it might not be worth it to you. The Assassin is a nice bow too. Have you shot them both or can you not get to a dealer? It's worth driving a ways to make sure you like what you buy.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I am a big fan of the Assassin. I have owned a D350 and an Invasion with the OD Binary cams and like P & Y only stated the ability to fine tune is realy nice. But I have come to enjoy the adjustable valley and the rock solid backwall of the limbstop on the Assassin. You can't go wrong with either bow though. Good luck with your choice.

·
Ice Cold
11,925 Posts
In my opinion the assassin isnt in the same category as the experience. They will both get the job done, and the assassin is a very good bow, especially for the price. But the experience feels way better to me.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I have an assassin now, this is my 3rd one I have owned. I just shot the experience today and really did like it, but, there is not enough of a difference for me to switch. Liked the experience and really like the assassin.

·
El Cool Arrow >>---->
9,540 Posts
You can not go wrong with bow but in all honesty the price dictates the pick for most. That being said, the Experience is the best balanced bow I have held and I don't own one I am a Destroyer fan but man that Experience is a shooters bow! I think it would be one of the only bows I could shoot with no stab.

Either way anyone would be super happy it would also come down to preference! I think either will make most happy just preference and what you would like the bow for!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you very much so far, everybody.
Any more opinions?
How good is the R.A.K. package on the Assassin?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have an assassin and a destroyer 340 and I like the assassin it really is a good bow for the price very good shooter. Very smooth and quiet the only think I did to my assassin is change the rest to a QAD ultra rest hunter. I reaally enjoy both of my bows. I have no experience with the new bowtech experience so cant say how that one is but cant go wrong either way

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yes, my preference would be to change the accessories when I got it to others of my liking. But that being said, my girlfriend got the Heartbreaker with the same R.A.K. package and she shoots it really well with all those accessories. The deer she killed with it didn't seem to think those accessories were bad?

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
I have owned both and still own the Experience and I will say the Experience hands down. That is not to say the Assassin is not a good bow because it is!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks again for all the replies.
Is there a big difference in the processing quality?More cast and less milled parts or differtent materials?Has anybody tried to put a roller guard on the Assassin?

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Thanks again for all the replies.
Is there a big difference in the processing quality?More cast and less milled parts or differtent materials?Has anybody tried to put a roller guard on the Assassin?
Roller guard isn't going on the Assassin. I feel that while the Assassin is a good bow, the Experience is a better quality bow. Everything from cams, limb pockets, etc. is just overly better. And it should be, it costs a good bit more. You really do get what you pay for and again that is not saying anything bad about the Assassin, but you are not getting all that you get with the Experience (OD Binaries, Flex-guard, etc). I used an Assassin for 2 seasons and enjoyed every bit of my time with it and the thing flat out would shoot!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Roller guard isn't going on the Assassin. I feel that while the Assassin is a good bow, the Experience is a better quality bow. Everything from cams, limb pockets, etc. is just overly better. And it should be, it costs a good bit more. You really do get what you pay for and again that is not saying anything bad about the Assassin, but you are not getting all that you get with the Experience (OD Binaries, Flex-guard, etc). I used an Assassin for 2 seasons and enjoyed every bit of my time with it and the thing flat out would shoot!
Same experience's here.
One is a very nice bow.
The other is an excellent bow.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I shoot an invasion and shot the whole new line up yesterday looking for a second bow. For a first bow the assassin is great. Hell, it's a great bow period. The experience is a shooters bow. The assassin feels good, but the balance and feel of the experience in my hand feels perfect. There's not a big advertised speed difference but you do get more performance and shoot ability with the experience. The assassin is more compact, but the experience in my opinion feels superior. Just my thoughts. I'm sure either one will do exactly what you want it to.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts