Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not sure if anyone else actually keeps up on this, but bowtech just posted this the other day.

Kinda cool to see how it was made.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Holy cow, $599 for a 15-min build of my bow. The builder was serving the peep so fast that I could barely see his hands move. Nevertheless, it is cool to see how refined they have the process. I love my Assassin and wouldn't trade it for the world. I truly think this one may stay with me long enough to actually earn a name.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah...I was a bit taken back by how fast they seemed to "throw them together".

I love mine, its my first bow, and will always stay with me. they shoot like a dream.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ why do you say that?

That makes the package RAK...

Shops charge for these items, this way they can just adjust whats already on the bow at either a minimal fee, or free. if it didnt come with it the buyer would be out the cost of a peep(8 to 10 bucks) and a d loop(3 to 6 dollars installed)

Just seems logical too me.

And whats amazing is when I bought my assassin, I never had to move my peep. it fit me perfectly out of the box.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah! I just wished I had gotten in in black ops.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
Putting the peep and loop on during the build is pointless. You have to shoot a bow for 50-100 shots to settle the string and cables. Then you have to move the loop up/down during arrow flight tuning and have to customize the length to fit you and your release. And they don't even know the size of nocks you'll be using, so they can't tie the loop on properly anyway. Then you need to adjust the peep's rotation after shooting it in. Not to mention we don't all need the same peep height.

So, yeah, it's dumb to install them at the factory. But if someone doesn't know better I guess it's OK, since they aren't very seasoned archers anyway. But those same newbs would be better served having a bow that's up for them specifically.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts