Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday(10/8) I took a half day off work to take bowtech_babe deer hunting. A friend and I set a ladder stand in a bottom full of oak trees the evening before. I took her in the stand around 4:00pm and said that I would go about 50yds past her to get up in a tree with my climber. I could barely see her for the folage but she was close enough to an eye on her if anything went wrong.

Later, I seen 2 does come in behind me about 5:00p and split one went left around me and the other one went back the way it came. I was watching a racoon in a tree 15 yds in front of me for a little while and it was getting around 6:45p when i heard a faint yet very familiar sound of a bow being shot. I stood up to see what was going on when a BIG doe came busting by me. It nearly ran into the tree I was setting in. I thought for a second that she had spooked and it was running to get out of their but then I seen an arrow poking out of its side, it went about 40 yds past me in the brush and stopped.

I looked down for a second to get my binos and looked back and it was gone. I searched the brush line where the deer entered the thicket. I seen it laying just inside the thicket. It had already expired. She was so excited but I think I was even more excited then she was.

There isn't anything like your first deer with a bow. It stopped in front of her at 12 yds and she made a great shot. I will post a pic as soon as I get them back. She was shooting a 2003 BK2 at 24"/46lbs. PSE dominator 200 arrows tiped with a rocket ultimate steel 100. The arrow entered the top of the right lung and the deer spun so the arrow turned and went through the liver, diaphram, and got the artery in the back hip. An almost complete pass through. The arrow only had about 5" left to go. Not too bad for the specs. CONGRADS BABE on the first deer. I can't wait till the next one. Bowjunkie

·
74,535 Posts
You go GIRL!

I want pictures. Congradulations girl. Looks like vension on the table.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Congradulations bowtech Babe...now you will be hooked!

Good luck and good shooting!
Dave

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pics

Here are the pics. Ain't nottin sexier the a woman in camo:D

Attachments

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
great job lady and many more successes this season
rob k

·
74,535 Posts
Looking Good as usally

Now just think girl when that big buck steps out. Its in trouble.

Have to start caller her killer, Bryan.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice deer. Congrats ! I'm not sure who was more excited :D

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Way to go .

·
Registered
73 Posts
Excellent job. Congrats on your first and I know that will be the spark that lights the fire. Hope you get many more in the future. I still shake the same after I sit down after the shot, regardless if it's a nice doe like yours or a big buck. This is the part of the year we live for.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Way to go, they are all trophys!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts