Archery Talk Forum banner

Bowtech Binary Cam

959 4
I recently registered on Archery Talk and read the article by Dave Nowlin about binary cam timing. I did what he suggested. Timing the cams this way made sense to me. After the timing was set I shot the bow through paper and found that I was getting a 1 1/2" tear down. I adjusted the rest and could not get rid of the tear. I reset the dots on the cams to be the same on both ends and I'm now able to shot bullett holes through paper. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Chris
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
799 Posts
First off make sure that you have the correct spine for your arrows based on your bows specs. Second forget the dots and time/sync the cams as per Daves insrtuctions. Third I won't say paper tuning is no good but IMO to much empahsis is put on it. I would get my center shot close as possible and then do walk back tuning, this to me will get you dialed in better, quicker than chasing tears in paper. Doesn't make sense to me to paper tune then wind up moving your rest to get your broadheads tuned.

· Registered
537 Posts
Get the cams timed using a draw board. and if you shoot bullet holes through paper why would you need to move the rest after that? Bullet hole through paper is perfect arrow flight, which mean broadheads should be shaving vanes of your fieldpoints

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.