Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Looking at picking up a bowtech boss from a local dealer here that I have been eyeing up for awhile. The ATA/Brace etc is what I am looking for and the bow shoots great and holds well. The only thing that stopped me from buying it before was the grip when it first came out. I now see that you can get side plates etc made for them.

My question is how much do side plates change the overall feel of the grip. Thinner, softer in hand, etc.

Any information would be greatly appreciate

Thank you

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Side grips will be composite or wood and make the grip feel thinner than plastic or wooden full grips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Who'z Iam???
1,438 Posts
Check out Griv's "Thing a week #12" on youtube.....Made a Sugru grip for my CPXL....Changed my world!!!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Just pick up a btx or Reign same grip as boss with side plates. My side plates came from a btx. I love the boss with side plates very repeatable grip

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. I'll be removing the stock grip and going with torqueless side plates or possibly trying out a sugru grip first. Looks very interesting

Thanks again!

·
Registered
11,101 Posts
Be interested for hear your opinion on the tourqless side plates.I just got a boss and I am thinking of going the same route

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,101 Posts
So yesterday I decided to pull the side plates off my invasion and throw them my boss.let me tell you I love the grip with side plates very comfortable and repeatable

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good to know - hope to get the side plates order up very soon!

I took the plastic grip off today and tried shooting it bare - felt decent but would image with the side plates it would be that much better

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have Torqueless sideplates for my Boss. I went from wanting to sell it for pennies on the dollar to it being one my two favorite all time bows. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anyone have any pictures of their boss with the torqueless grips? Have mine on order and can't wait to see how they will look. Went with sky blue, going to go with blue/silver with black pinstripe strings

·
Registered
96 Posts
I put stock Bowtech sideplates on my Boss and it was drastic improvement over the standard plastic grip. Post some pics of your sky blue grip once you get it on the bow. Definitely think it will look sharp especially with matching strings

8,453 Posts
I put stock Bowtech sideplates on my Boss and it was drastic improvement over the standard plastic grip. Post some pics of your sky blue grip once you get it on the bow. Definitely think it will look sharp especially with matching strings

Hi...the plastic grip on some of the Bowtech bows is quite frankly....a piece of...crap. Only one I could halfway deal with and that was the 360. The original side plates are very nice but torqueless makes some nice ones as well...just do not like the adhesive. Cheers!
Fred

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
What is the best way to remove the grip?

·
Registered
96 Posts
There are 2 screws that hold it on. 1 screw is located under the Bowtech decal on each side of the grip. For a RH grip the left side screw is up towards the top and right side screw is down towards the bottom. Lightly heat up the decal with a hair dryer and carefully slide the tip of thin pick or knife blade under the corner of the decal and slowly lift the decal as you apply some heat. Once the decal is remove you can simply remove the screws.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts