Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having replaced the 29 module to a 28.5 module I noted a drop in poundage so a few twists with the string and cables and the pounds returned. My query is whereas with the 29 module I had the 6 cam dots showing, I now have 4 and a bit dots on the bottom cam and 4 on the top. I am concerned that I may have over rotated the cams or is this acceptable with the 28.5 module. As always your input is greatly appreciated !! :) :)

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Szaboz...was aware of the 6 dots...but are the dots module specific...does anyone have an 06 Allegiance with a 28.5 draw..if so how many dots are showing??

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anybody...please !!! Come on you Bowtech owners...Dave Nolin you Bowtech guru..are you out there ??

I am reluctant to shoot my bow until I am certain that it will not cause any problems and my local Archery shop can't help me...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Changing mods should have no effect on the timing marks, ATA, brace height, etc. The mods only take up cable when the bow is drawn. When the bow is at rest, the mods have no contact with the cables. The Allegiance should have 6 dots showing, regardless of which mods are installed.:darkbeer: :darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Red so now having checked the A to A, brace and tiller all seem to be OK. So is the 4 dots top and bottom an issue or is the fact that the same amount of dots are showing on the top and bottom cam indicative that the cams are correctly tuned. Just how important are these darned dots ??

·
Registered
210 Posts
Are you checking your measurements with the limbs drawn down to max weight? Measurements need to be taken with the bow maxed out. If you have less than 6 dots showing, your cam rotation will not be right. I'd take a couple of twists back out of the cables, and/or add some to the string.
:darkbeer: :darkbeer:

·
Registered
507 Posts
I sent a PM that should help.

·
Registered
13,924 Posts
Johnno,

Just PM Dave Nowlin, he will answer you back and probably want to talk to you on the phone and walk you through it. I do know he says to forget the stupid dots because they are only there for the people that have to assemble the bows. They assemble so many that they had to come up with something to save time. It gets it close, but not really tuned right. On the draw stop posts there is a rubber o-ring that is covered with heat shrink tubing. When the bow is drawn, that rubber o-ring should just barelly touch the limb and the peg on the cam that comes around to the cable should be just a papers thickness away from the cable. That way when you pull into the wall, the o-ring gets squished and the draw stop comes in full contact with the limb then the other peg just touches the cable without putting any force on it. This is how Dave explained it to me and you would have to make string twists to get it to that point.

·
Registered
47 Posts
allegiance answer

im shooting an 06 allegiance w28.5" draw ( efa 2.5 ) modules and im showing 6 dots top and bottom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts