Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've searched the forum and had found an old post close to answering this for me, but the link that was in the post to Bowtech's website is now gone, so figured I would see if anyone can help now.

I just bought the 2009 Bowtech Captain used for what I thought was a steal of a deal. It was setup for 70# and 30 inch draw. I used the manual to change the # down to 60 for now as I'm just coming back from shoulder surgery, and then shortened the draw length to 28.5 inches. Now in the manual it talks about adjusting the draw stop but I'm not understanding it at all. It looks like I can just loosen the allen and then slide this oval shaped stop back and forth, but it doesn't seem to adjust very far. There are a bunch of holes all around the edge the cam that I could move the stop to, but im afraid to touch it right now because the manual says "The post should not be adjusted more than 1/2 mark from factory mod specifications." and I don't know what the means or where the marks even are. I figured the holes would be numbered to match the setting from 1-10 that I set the draw length to but I'm not seeing those numbers. I will include an up close picture of it.

Also, it has a ripcord drop away rest, I'm guessing it was setup to use the 30 inch draw, will changing the weight and length affect this rest? Will I need to figure out how to adjust it too?

Any help is appreciated, if I don't see anything soon I'll just take it to my local shop.

BT-Captain-DrawStop-Small.jpg

·
JUST FOLLOW THE BLOOD
993 Posts
Hey guys, I've searched the forum and had found an old post close to answering this for me, but the link that was in the post to Bowtech's website is now gone, so figured I would see if anyone can help now.

I just bought the 2009 Bowtech Captain used for what I thought was a steal of a deal. It was setup for 70# and 30 inch draw. I used the manual to change the # down to 60 for now as I'm just coming back from shoulder surgery, and then shortened the draw length to 28.5 inches. Now in the manual it talks about adjusting the draw stop but I'm not understanding it at all. It looks like I can just loosen the allen and then slide this oval shaped stop back and forth, but it doesn't seem to adjust very far. There are a bunch of holes all around the edge the cam that I could move the stop to, but im afraid to touch it right now because the manual says "The post should not be adjusted more than 1/2 mark from factory mod specifications." and I don't know what the means or where the marks even are. I figured the holes would be numbered to match the setting from 1-10 that I set the draw length to but I'm not seeing those numbers. I will include an up close picture of it.

Also, it has a ripcord drop away rest, I'm guessing it was setup to use the 30 inch draw, will changing the weight and length affect this rest? Will I need to figure out how to adjust it too?

Any help is appreciated, if I don't see anything soon I'll just take it to my local shop.

View attachment 1574513
For 28.5" draw the stop post should be in the 16th hole. It's in the 21st now in your pick. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For 28.5" draw the stop post should be in the 16th hole. It's in the 21st now in your pick. Hope this helps.
Thanks, do you have the settings memorized from owning one in the past or do you have some chart you go by?

I also saw the drop away rest wasn't working and needed to be adjusted too. It was pretty simple.

Thanks man.

·
JUST FOLLOW THE BLOOD
993 Posts
Thanks, do you have the settings memorized from owning one in the past or do you have some chart you go by?

I also saw the drop away rest wasn't working and needed to be adjusted too. It was pretty simple.

Thanks man.
I have two sentinals, the came settings are in the back of the owners manual for all the 09 bows. You can download a 09 captian o.m. on there website.

·
JUST FOLLOW THE BLOOD
993 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks man that is what I was looking for. I'll print that out. I went to Bowtech's site and downloaded a PDF manual but it didn't include this chart in it for some reason. I think this is the chart that an old post was pointing at on there website that isn't there anymore. But definitely what I needed. You are the man!

·
Registered
514 Posts
hey I pretty much did the same. I just bought one but what I'm wondering is are these binar cams or not?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey, so I adjusted it based on that stop chart you gave and the valley just seems almost non existent. Is thats the way its supposed to be? I can feel the let off but it has no play before it just wants to take off. Im guessing ill just move the stop down one more spot to give it more of a valley that ill like.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I just changed the draw length on a admiral i just bought as well. Had the same question as well, but the helpful fellow at the bowtech service desk helped me fix it. The chart in the thread above will help as well.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Move the slot down if not enough move down another hole... If cam aren't synced or timed properly the valley is shorter too. This bow should have a huge valley..if you want max valley/letoff adjust out till stop doesn't contact and have a buddy visually check this at full draw then adjust so that it barely hits.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
dont shoot that bow. you have to set the mod and draw stop to the same setting. if you dont it will lock up at full draw.
once the mod is set you can go a maximal of one hole further on the stop, this increses the valley.anymore than one hole further and you will have problems.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey smoke thrower,
Where did you get that chart from?
Hey man, sorry never saw this. I think I was just searching for it on google and found it. I'll see if I can find it again. I just printed out that screen shot so I'd always have it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just a personal preference, but I also prefer the feel of removing the outer rubber ring from the draw stop.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
whatever you do . dont go more than 1 hole farther from the chart.
if you go to far the cams will roll over and lock up the bow. a dry fire through one of them ends usually nasty with parts flying all over.
so be carefull ! 1 stop farther gives more let off dont go further!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts