Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
10,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am awaiting the arrival of my New Captain and I was wondering if anyone could give me the Measurement from the Back of the Riser where the Stock String Suppressor Slides in to where it makes Contact with the String so I can have a Custom String Suppressor Made for it. Well,Maybe 1/16" shy of that Measurement so it is not touching the string... Also,what is the Centershot Measurement for your Rest... Thanks in Advance for any Help! :darkbeer: J.R.

·
10,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I am awaiting the arrival of my New Captain and I was wondering if anyone could give me the Measurement from the Back of the Riser where the Stock String Suppressor Slides in to where it makes Contact with the String so I can have a Custom String Suppressor Made for it. Well,Maybe 1/16" shy of that Measurement so it is not touching the string... Also,what is the Centershot Measurement for your Rest... Thanks in Advance for any Help! :darkbeer: J.R.
Anyone? :mg: :shade:

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Not to offend you, but it's not needed. The suppressor is great this year. Much improved on from last years.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Well I am awaiting the arrival of my New Captain and I was wondering if anyone could give me the Measurement from the Back of the Riser where the Stock String Suppressor Slides in to where it makes Contact with the String so I can have a Custom String Suppressor Made for it. Well,Maybe 1/16" shy of that Measurement so it is not touching the string... Also,what is the Centershot Measurement for your Rest... Thanks in Advance for any Help!

I will save you some money.....you CANNOT use an aftermarket string suppressor on the new Bowtechs...

The rear bushing is NOT the standard 5/16-24 thread.....I think the Admirals, Captains, and Sentinels all have "press" fit carbon string suppressors with (2) hex-head bolts on the side...whereas the SWAT and Air Raid also have a non-standard threaded bushing...

·
10,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not to offend you, but it's not needed. The suppressor is great this year. Much improved on from last years.
Ummm...No Offense,but Yes it is...;) The Stock Suppressors are made of a Very Solid Rubber and are NOISY! How do I know this,I have an Admiral and I test shot it in my Quiet Basement next to my Z-28,`07 Tribute and my Commander and the Admiral was the Loudest out of those 3 Bows tested...Yes All the Bows are in Time and Everything,and I mean Everything is TIGHT on them...;) Now, that I took off the Stock Suppressor on my Admiral and Installed a Front Mount String Tamer it is Alot Quieter from what I can hear... The Stock Suppressor was to Long from the Factory if you ask me being it was in Constant Contact with the string,even with the Bow at rest...I like to keep the String Suppressor about a Credit Cards Width away from Contacting the String at Rest,with the Stock one I could Not do that being it was too long...:mg: Yes I could have trimmed it down a bit,but like I said the Rubber Material was just too Solid for my liking...:darkbeer:
I will save you some money.....you CANNOT use an aftermarket string suppressor on the new Bowtechs...

The rear bushing is NOT the standard 5/16-24 thread.....I think the Admirals, Captains, and Sentinels all have "press" fit carbon string suppressors with (2) hex-head bolts on the side...whereas the SWAT and Air Raid also have a non-standard threaded bushing...
I know that, being I have an Admiral...;) And Yes, you can Use a Aftermarket Suppressor with them...:darkbeer:There are a few Prototypes in the Making as we speak...;)There is a gentleman here on AT and a fella Named MeanV who should have his ready to go within a couple weeks on his Website...:mg: So Thanks for all the Opinions but all I was really asking for was the Measurement...:dontknow: Anyone know the Measurement? :shade: J.R.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts