Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was playing with my draw length and the draw stops tonight. I changed my dl from 28" to 28.5 alot more comfortable now I can extend my arm alittle more. My question I moved my draw stop to the 18th hole to get more let off . When I look on bowtechs web page it says for a 28.5" draw the stop should be set on the 16th hole . Should I change it back or leave it where I like it set at. I shot it alot like that tonight and like how it feels. I guess my questions is will itdamage the bow if I leave it like it is now or should I change it to 16

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
It shouldn't damage your bow, it's just increased your let off. Careful not to go further as you can lock your bow at full draw, via 100% letoff which your not near.

If you like it, by all means like it.

Position 16 would give you 80% let off, recommended but one can play with them to get the feel they desire. People that like a lower let off can move it lower for say, 70%.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I really think that you might be over drawing your BINARY system for less letoff... If I was you I'd call BOWTECH @ 888 689-1289 and ask a TECH for proper info on do's and dont's :thumbs_up , the last thing you don't want to do is break you bow, or lock your cams/wheels on you CAPTAIN from not following factory settings :wink: ...

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
I was playing with my draw length and the draw stops tonight. I changed my dl from 28" to 28.5 alot more comfortable now I can extend my arm alittle more. My question I moved my draw stop to the 18th hole to get more let off . When I look on bowtechs web page it says for a 28.5" draw the stop should be set on the 16th hole . Should I change it back or leave it where I like it set at. I shot it alot like that tonight and like how it feels. I guess my questions is will itdamage the bow if I leave it like it is now or should I change it to 16

The actual draw stop post is slotted to allow some fine tuning. You might not be too far off from where it was in a different hole if you were in the 17th. It just depends on how the slotted draw stop was before you changed it.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just want to be sure I wont damage the bow. I am in the 18th hole and the slot is all the way closest to the 17th hole. I know thats confusing

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
The bow can be adjusted from from 65-80% let off, so the holding weight will not correlate to the draw weight. Build a draw board to see precisely.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I went a hole longer than on the chart for my draw length. I just like the valley a little better that it gives me. About 6000 shots with the two Captains now and no problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts