Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved my new carbon knight and the draw length adjustments and post setting do not seem to match the owners manual. The rotating module has a peg that shows through a numbered hole. Is this the module setting for the draw? If it is it does not seem correct. The bow come @29" draw but the peg showing through the hole was on #4 That according to the manual is 27.5". I do not see any different indicators on the module for this to be correct. The manual says 29" is at position 2.5. There is only whole numbers on the adjustment. I have owned almost all bowtech models and have never ran across this before. Anybody have the answer?? Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
dont have a BT but,,make sure your reading the directions for that cam, ITs not the binary cam on the knight.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I know the manual was wrong at one point for the carbon knight as confirmed by someone who contacted BT, not sure if that's what your seeing. Check the Bowtech forum for old thread.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I just looked and it is still wrong. I think the module is right but the post settings are wrong. The post settings should be the same as module. So if module is 2 your post should be 2. For more valley set your post 1 spot shorter than mod and you will have a better valley. Post a pic of module and stop how it is.

·
Registered
18,412 Posts
I just looked and it is still wrong. I think the module is right but the post settings are wrong. The post settings should be the same as module. So if module is 2 your post should be 2. For more valley set your post 1 spot shorter than mod and you will have a better valley. Post a pic of module and stop how it is.
setting one spot shorter on the stops will eliminate valley not increase it!

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
setting one spot shorter on the stops will eliminate valley not increase it!
Setting your module to 28.5 and limbs top to 29 will increase valley vs having both on 29.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I got it figured out. Your right the post and the module have to be the same. I have both on 7 which gives me 27.5. I am setting this up for my 14 year old son he tries out all my new bows first. I think after shooting Bowtech for the last ten plus years I am starting to favor the new line of Bear archery bows. The last few bowtechs I have bought have been noisey anyway. The insanity, destroyer 350, and now this carbon night. I just bought a Motive 6 and it kicks butt! It seams Bowtech don't care about the consumer anymore. They should have changed the online manual for this as soon as it was brought to there attention.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts