Archery Talk Forum banner

Bowtech Commander Grip

497 3
Does anybody know of an aftermarket grip that allows the '07 commander to be shot with a low wrist grip? The way that the riser is angled over the thumb prevents this (at least with my hand). Anybody experience this, and how did you fix it?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7,583 Posts
its already a low wrist if its sideplates. You cant get any lower then that. Its right against the riser.

· Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its already a low wrist if its sideplates. You cant get any lower then that. Its right against the riser.
Mmmm, actually you can. The way the riser angles forces the thumb down, thereby forcing the wrist up. I would say it is a medium grip. If you really try to shoot with a low wrist, you're going to have the riser cutting into your thumb.

Anybody have any experience dealing with this?

· Registered
2,498 Posts
Mmmm, actually you can. The way the riser angles forces the thumb down, thereby forcing the wrist up. I would say it is a medium grip. If you really try to shoot with a low wrist, you're going to have the riser cutting into your thumb.

Anybody have any experience dealing with this?

I did not notice untill I had a hand injury but where the two machined planes intersect at the thumb there is a ridge. I took a small belt sander and made a soft blend and covered it with some thin foam rubber. Not sure now if you would call it a medium or low wrist but I call it comfortable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.