Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m wanting to buy a new bow, I currently have a Diamond Deployed SB. My draw length is 26.5-27in, and I have no problem pulling back 70lb. I mostly hunt deer and hog from a ground blind.
Since my draw length is short and I’m hunting from a ground blind my logic was to find a bow around 29-30in. If I’m wrong about this please let me know.
So my top three bows are Bowtech CP30, Phase4(29) or Hoyt VTM31. Any adviceon which one to get.
Also I’m going to start doing 3D shots too.

·
can I shoot it?
17,794 Posts
They are all great bows, but the draw cycle will be quite a bit different. I know it has been said over and over again, but your body will tell you which one feels the best. I have had buddies that are very similar to me in build like the draws of bows I thought were horrible, and vise versa. Have to shoot them all, no way around it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would love to shoot all three, I just have to plan a day to make a road trip to the nearest bow shop (that’s not a big box store). Which I don’t mine, these bows are an investment.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I was in the same predicament as you. Went with a Hoyt VTM 34. Phase 4 is cool but unless you plan on spending $700 on their stabilizer system you won't get the full benefits of the new "technology". Bowtech is cool but I still like the way my SR6 feels vs all the new Bowtechs

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was in the same predicament as you. Went with a Hoyt VTM 34. Phase 4 is cool but unless you plan on spending $700 on their stabilizer system you won't get the full benefits of the new "technology". Bowtech is cool but I still like the way my SR6 feels vs all the new Bowtechs
I agree, I it's hard for me to justify spending that much on just a stabilizer system.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

·
Registered
Elite Basin
277 Posts
The winner for me is bowtech CP 30. It is a good looking bow equipped with deadlock technology.

·
Premium Member
Elite Enkore and a PSE Xpedite NXT.
160 Posts
Why does it eliminate the Bowtech?
Bows at 70lb, 30” draw, 350gr arrow
CP30 on performance - 326 fps and a harsh dump into the valley of that matters to some.
Phase 4 29 - 332 fps
VTM 31 - 334 fps

I am a biased consumer as performance is always #1 for me, and that’s speed, followed by bow noise. I pay little to no attention to draw cycle or post shot feel, as long as the bow isn’t jumping out of my hand. I also hold bows with 5.75”-6.25” brace heights in higher regard because anything longer is simply a measurable waste in performance.

·
Registered
Elite Basin
277 Posts
That little difference in fps is negligible. Now I am wondering how can some one bi biased on performance? Does not make much sense to me. If you are fanboy of some company than you can bi biased towards that company.

Reactions: TREESTANDSNYPER

·
Ad Meliora
20,690 Posts
Bows at 70lb, 30” draw, 350gr arrow
CP30 on performance - 326 fps and a harsh dump into the valley of that matters to some.
Phase 4 29 - 332 fps
VTM 31 - 334 fps

I am a biased consumer as performance is always #1 for me, and that’s speed, followed by bow noise. I pay little to no attention to draw cycle or post shot feel, as long as the bow isn’t jumping out of my hand. I also hold bows with 5.75”-6.25” brace heights in higher regard because anything longer is simply a measurable waste in performance.
Got it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
Elite Enkore and a PSE Xpedite NXT.
160 Posts
That little difference in fps is negligible. Now I am wondering how can some one bi biased on performance? Does not make much sense to me. If you are fanboy of some company than you can bi biased towards that company.
I am not a fan of any company. In recent years, say the past 5, I have owned multiple bows, from multiple companies. I have no hate for any one company over another. I base my interest on any bow based on speed and noise. Regardless of manufacturer. I find that "feel" and "smoothness" are subjective, but speed is an absolute and therefore more concrete as a measurable quality of a bow. Thats just me. I hate no company. I have what I like, and what I don't like. The OP asked for recommendations/opinions on certain bows, I simply stated mine and why I felt that way. No hate, just my preference!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for everyone for there OP, I got to shoot the cp30 and the VTM31. I made my decision to order the VTM31. I know it's an overused statement, but the VTM just felt right in hand. I got in green and the shop threw in some hoyt mercy which was nice.

Thanks you again

1 - 20 of 20 Posts