Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at and shooting a new Destroyer 350 last night. It had a pop when I shot it, there was a stabilizer on it but no string silencers at all. I also did not adjust the sts and there was about a 1/16" space between it and the string at rest. My question is can that noise be reduced or eliminated with sts adjustment and silencers? I thought the bow shot great, smooth draw cycle, held well, and shock free, not to mention the grip fit me very well. ..... thanks .... John

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
The pop was probably because the string stop is hollow. I stuff mine with rubber and it quiets it down. Cat whiskers will quiet the bow down considerably as well.

·
Socket Man
24,246 Posts
It can be reduced, by tuning the bow and getting it in cam sync and timed you will notice a reduction in noise and vibration. I have my string touching the string stopper. I don't have any other dampening things on the bow other than the stock thing with little metal rods in it that slips on the flex cable slide. You have got to get one of them because they take a bunch of buzz out of the bow.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I noticed it did not have a suppressor on the flex guard, odd. This is some good info .... thanks ... anybody else out there? ..... john

·
Socket Man
24,246 Posts
The destroyer 350 is really finicky when it comes to hand torque, I am going to send you my tuning article because it works really good with the destroyer. The first time I tuned the destroyer 2 years ago when I got it I had trouble but after a couple of days it was shooting really good. This year I got a new set of strings and had to tune it again and I used the method in the tuning article and I tuned the destroyer in less than 30 minutes.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks ... Padgett, anybody know if an aftermarket sts would help ..... john

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
i love my D350 !!! i've had it for 3 years and it's the most accurate bow i've ever owned, i have a thread on here now because i'm considering getting a new Insanity or Experience, the "pop" sound comes from the string suppressor rod being hollow, there's several threads on here where guys have just filled it with silicone or other rubber material, you'll love the D350.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, just read that about the sts rod on the Bowtech forum. The D350 holds on target better than any other bow I have shot. Done deal, going to own one next week..... thanks ...... john

1 - 8 of 8 Posts