Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone shot this bow (340 or 350) in any indoor target shoots / leagues yet? I am just curious how accurate and forgiving it is compared to your old bows. Maybe one of you even had a 101st or a Tribute last to compare it to??? :wink:

Do you think the FLX guard (and the rest of the features of the bow to a smaller extent) make an obvious difference in forgiveness of the bow?

Thanks in advance!
-Conlan

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I haven't received mine yet as I'm waiting on the 340. I expect it here any day. The 340 I did shoot held steady, I had to stop shooting the same mark in fear of destroying (no pun intended) the shops arrows. I read other threads where guys were busting nocks and shredding vanes. I'm anxious to know more myself but I fear it's too soon for many to answer the question. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
12,895 Posts
I heard it was thinking about forgiving Tiger ... :mg:

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
14,836 Posts
Nice shooting bow, but it feels like it weighs 5lbs. I can't find any info on Bowtech's website about weight. Anyone know what it weighs?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Nice shooting bow, but it feels like it weighs 5lbs. I can't find any info on Bowtech's website about weight. Anyone know what it weighs?
What was on it, I mean seriously, the 340 weighs 3.9 lbs and the 350 weighs 4.1. That's lighter than some, same as others.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Destroyer

I shot the 350 on the weekend sisde by side with the Z7 and it is by no means heavy. It was great shooting and I ordered a 340 as my next bow. When it gets in I will let you know how it shoots.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There are only a handful of people that have even gotten them yet and only in the last couple of weeks. Need to give it some time.:darkbeer:
Give me a break. I have read 30+ reviews on here. There has to be 10 times that many people who just don't care enough to start a thread and have the bow. It's not like I am looking for a ton of responses. Just a couple people that have actually aimed at something. :)

·
Registered
12,895 Posts
That's the thing that gets me .. sure new bow (fill in the name) draws nice and shoots ok but does it really shoot? 60-70 is my proving ground not 20 indoor.

I'm guilty with the Destroyer but when I shot it it was being passed back and forth by 4 different people so I for one have no idea how performs but it does "shoot" nice

The only way to know is to go and do it .. I wish I could have

I've been surprised bows that I thought would never group for me at 70 have and bows that I really felt would didn't always even after tweeks ..

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's the thing that gets me .. sure new bow (fill in the name) draws nice and shoots ok but does it really shoot? 60-70 is my proving ground not 20 indoor.

I'm guilty with the Destroyer but when I shot it it was being passed back and forth by 4 different people so I for one have no idea how performs but it does "shoot" nice

The only way to know is to go and do it .. I wish I could have

I've been surprised bows that I thought would never group for me at 70 have and bows that I really felt would didn't always even after tweeks ..
You are right. If I had the time I would. I probably wont be able to until after New Years.

I too like to shoot long distance when practicing. I shoot regularly at 80-100 yards. I would love to hear what someone had to say about their experience grouping at long range but I figured it's unlikely. But honestly, I can tell you how I am going to shoot a bow at 100 by how it groups at 20. If someone says to me that they are shooting better groups at 20-30 yards then they ever have with their previous bow, then I would be impressed. But for some reason people are just shooting the Destroyer through the chrono. lol :confused:

·
Registered
12,895 Posts
You are right. If I had the time I would. I probably wont be able to until after New Years.

I too like to shoot long distance when practicing. I shoot regularly at 80-100 yards. I would love to hear what someone had to say about their experience grouping at long range but I figured it's unlikely. But honestly, I can tell you how I am going to shoot a bow at 100 by how it groups at 20. If someone says to me that they are shooting better groups at 20-30 yards then they ever have with their previous bow, then I would be impressed. But for some reason people are just shooting the Destroyer through the chrono. lol :confused:
When I was shooting it ..it was at BTU it was one of the 1st 6 or so.. They are great fellers there but I didn't push it and ask if I could take out to the range

But .. maybe .. now ... :)

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When I was shooting it ..it was at BTU it was one of the 1st 6 or so.. They are great fellers there but I didn't push it and ask if I could take out to the range

But .. maybe .. now ... :)
Oh come on! Lol. :) But seriously, I would love to see how the thing shoots for you at long range. Do they have a 340?

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
I shot the 350 on the weekend sisde by side with the Z7 and it is by no means heavy. It was great shooting and I ordered a 340 as my next bow. When it gets in I will let you know how it shoots.
Both destroyers are significantly lighter than the Z7.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I can tell you that when I shot the destroyers (both without peeps) I was stacking the arrows at 20 yards. could cover them with a 50 cent piece (3 arrows)

Ordered a 340 yesterday.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts