Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got to shoot the new destroyer tonight... and HOLY CRAP.... that thing is sick fast, and absolutly zero hand shock. I didn't feel a dam thing.

I was a little dissappointed though as i was leaving the shop......I had my old bow in my hand...

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
I went to the shop today and when I walked in there was a man and his son shooting the D350. They were all smiles and are anxoius to try the 340 when it comes in. I guess the shop owner has 5 or more spoken for when he gets some in.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I shot one today too. I really cant justify putting the 82nd in the corner. The draw might have been a tad easier, but nothing like people made it out to be (tribute, really??). I did like the shorter axle to axle for hunting. Grip felt good, but its still plastic.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, i agree all that effort in a bow and a plastic grip? what gives..

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Yeah, i agree all that effort in a bow and a plastic grip? what gives..
Really doesn't bother me as I love the feel and the camo inlays look great but if they had added a wooden or left the riser visible with a wood inlay I may have been slightly happier. Not a issue, just a wish. I love the grip as far as holding, shooting and feel. Appearance can be altered. :wink:

·
Registered
251 Posts
I shot one today too. I really cant justify putting the 82nd in the corner. The draw might have been a tad easier, but nothing like people made it out to be (tribute, really??). I did like the shorter axle to axle for hunting. Grip felt good, but its still plastic.
i have both and the destroyer has a better valley for sure and is quieter on the shot. im keeping my 82nd though for sure.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
i have both and the destroyer has a better valley for sure and is quieter on the shot. im keeping my 82nd though for sure.
I'm keeping my 82nd as well but adding the Destroyer. Time will tell if the 82nd will sees much action. The 82nd has always been my go to bow.

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
I really have to stay away from the shop...every time I go in and put my hands on the Destroyer 340 I start to go crazy. Thing that really blows me away is how dead in the hand it is, and how deadly silent this bow is. Had it out in the shop last night, showing it to a couple of people that came in. First arrow he shot...I honestly said out loud "Holy Crap"! All you hear is the arrow pounding the target. It's really an amazing bow, Bowtech really got it right with this one. The grip feels great, the fact that it's plastic really doesn't bother me because all it takes is a call to my man Bob Lambeth and problem solved. I keep telling my friend not to let me near the Destroyer, because sooner or later I might not have the strength to resist buying this bow!

·
Registered
892 Posts
I've shot the 350 and was impressed. The draw was smooth--I didn't believe it was set at 70lbs until they put it on the scale. It was also very quiet with only a very light buzz at the shot. I am having a hard time rationalizing one right now unless I drop down to a 50lb version (I presently shoot/hunt with a 70lb Guardian, 60lb 82nd and a 60lb Ally). I don't believe a 60ld 350 would shoot more than 5fps faster than my 60lb 82nd. Similarly, initial reports suggest the 340 will do only 6-8fps faster than an Ally. The more I think about it, if I buy a bow this year it will be a 50lb 350, SR-71, or perhaps, depending on how efficient they actually shoot, an Inspire (with its greater BH and ATA length). These new superbows are truly amazing.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I shot a 350 at the local shop today. 57.4lbs 29" 314gr arrow 316fps! Very nice bow.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Has anyone else experienced the pop of the string stop?? The one I shot was very noticable. We did notice the rubber is slightly harder this year.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Has anyone else experienced the pop of the string stop?? The one I shot was very noticable. We did notice the rubber is slightly harder this year.
I did notice the pop you are talking about. It didn't bother me. I really liked the bow. The draw was great. Very little to no hand shock. Fast. I wouldn't say 60# feels like 50#. But i would say that 60# feels like much less than other 60# bows, speed or not. I shot the Mathews Z7, Maxxis 31 & 35, Alphaburner and the PSE axe. I was sold on the D350. Can't wait for it to get here.

·
Registered
251 Posts
when i first got mine it had a pretty good pop but the tech adjusted the string stop and it went away

·
Just beat Terry Club
9,327 Posts
I just got to shoot the new destroyer tonight... and HOLY CRAP.... that thing is sick fast, and absolutly zero hand shock. I didn't feel a dam thing.

I was a little dissappointed though as i was leaving the shop......I had my old bow in my hand...
Don't worry. According to BowTech your 05 Ally is Absolute Zero too.

Looking forward to trying one as well. I know I thought the Judge shot nice. NOt in the market to replace the GT though. Always fun to look though.

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
You know, I've been seeing all these posts about the Destroyer. I said I wouldn't comment, but I've decided I must. I just can't see where you guys are coming from. I'm not one that bashes any bow company, and I'm not doing that now. They've all got some great top of the line bows. I've shot some Bowtechs in the past that have been super smooth.

But tell you what, and I'm not saying this just because I'm a devoted shooter of PSE, I don't think the Destroyer is near as smooth as the new PSE Vendetta XL nor the Bow Madness XL. I shot the new line of PSE the other night along with the Destroyer. For me...the PSE Vendetta XL is definitely the smoother of the two.

And of 4 different PSE bows I shot, and the Destroyer, the only one that smacked my wrist was the destroyer. Smacked it pretty good too. Red mark for two days following. And I never have a problem smacking my wrist with any bow I've owned since an older model Mathews Q2XL.

Just my $0.02 worth.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts