Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 guardian with 3.5 mods for my draw length, which feels absolute rock solid. I just bought an 08 General. My questions is are bowtech draw length the same from model to model. I currently have a 2.5 on my General and it just doesn't feel right. Can I ASSUME that the 3.5 for the guardian is the same as the General!! THANKS!!!

· Registered
679 Posts
No

· Registered
679 Posts
You might want to do a google search, i bet you can find a 2008 bowtech module chart somewhere out there. Good luck

· Registered
1,897 Posts
I think this is what you are looking for.
hope it helps..

· Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess my questions is an 07 guardian with a 27.5(guardian mod) draw length going be exacting the same as a 08 general with the same 27.5(general mod). Cause I have heard that some draw length can vary specially from different manufactures and/or models. Is a 27.5 on one model the same 27.5 for anyother model. Thanks

· Registered
1,931 Posts
Assuming you have both set to the same 27.5" draw length.....27.5 is 27.5"

What can and will make the 2 bows feel different to you is the geometry of the string angles.
One bow is approx 31" and the other is 34" axle to axle.
That 3" difference in ATA length causes the string to move further away from your face at full draw and cross your other facial references at slightly different spots.

Moving to the shorter bow your peep will be a bit further away from your face and to compensate many shooters will adjust where or how they anchor to try and make the peep line up the same and the string hit their nose exactly like it would on the longer bow.

Adjusting your anchor to fit the new ATA length can make the rest of the process of holding the bow feel different because when you adjust ONE part of your hold, you unkowingly adjust them ALL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.