Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A 2003 bowtech pro40 dually using a drop away rest, and using 3" trueflight feathers, i am getting fletch contact with my cables...any ideas?

also my cable gaurd rod pulled out twice now since i have had the bow, but right now it is fully seated, and doesnt seem to be bent...?????

also center shot is 13/16 from the riser.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
I had a similar problem with my VFT with feathers. Then I realized I was using a dropaway and could orient the vanes any way I wanted. Cock vane out, no problems. I felt stupid when I realized....

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hunter it probally the cable guard problem. On the inside of the riser there is a screw that looks like it holds the cable guard in place, but in actuality there is anouther set screw underneath that one that has to be tightened then the other one tightened. That shoud solve your problem.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just fletched some 2613's with four inch feathers. I havent shot them yet but it apears that I will also have clearence problems. Does anyone know if there are other cable guards for the Bowtechs? Thanks Kevin

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
Try a center shot alignment that aligns the left side of the string with the left side of the riser and the arrow's point, [for a right handed bow]. The dual cam's string tracks are set to the left quite a bit.

·
Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
As stodr said, under the starr head screw there is an allen screw under it that may be loose.

On my PRO40 DC I put Winners Choice split cable system on it and it shoots extremely better. No torque on the limbs or cams. That coupled with a trophy taker spring steel micro adjust, my groups have tightened up and scores went way up. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
149 Posts
i had the same problem with my pro 38. i purchased a bohning teflon cable slide. solved all my problems with fletch contact.

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
USNarcher, did you see any increase in speed? I'm thinking of building a shoot through system for My Pat DC after hunting season is over:D

·
Registered
324 Posts
I had the same problem with my 03 Patriot Single Cam. I went ahead and bought the Limb Saver Slide and the problem was solved. I must admit I was a little miffed having spent almost $700.00 for a bow and having to spend more money because the slide it came with was insuffient.

·
Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
walks with a gi. I wasn't looking to gain any speed, but yes I gained 6fps. What was amazing though was, right before I put the shoot through system on I sighted in and was dead on out to 60yds. After putting the new cables on I went to my 40yd stake shot an arrow and hit 2 feet to the right. That blew me away. I guess that there is a lot of torque on them limbs. I won't shoot anything but a shoot through on my target bows anymore. The WCCB cables were dead on with my timing marks right out of the package.

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
I'll be busy this winter then with my shoot through harness, sounds good! I've got a design for a cable splitter that will allow you to fine tune cam timing with an allen wrench instead of twisting cables:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts