Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one got tips on tuning a dually
for future referance that might be a benifit to everyone who shoots a two cam bow

thanks yoda

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
The main concern is getting both cams working together. The way I do it is draw the bow down from an anchor point from the ceiling
to full draw then relieve enough pressure to see which cam leaves the stop first. Put a 1/2 twist in the other cable to correct it
or take 1/2 out of that cable. There should be some marks on the cams put on by Bowtech. Try to keep these marks close. I haven't
had to change mine much in a while. A more accurate way would be with a crank board which if you do a search for there is a picture of one on here somewhere.

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
Go to a big mirror in your house when there is no one else around for safety sake and with your bow, arrow and release draw like you are going to shoot. Make sure your release will not go off!!!!!!!!!!!! Watch in the mirror to see which cam is rolling over first and then make the necessary corrections. Try again to see if you got the results you need. You should feel one solid bump, hitting the stops at the same time. If you feel two bumps before full draw, make changes to correct to get that one, solid wall bump like you feel with a single cam bow. If that's what you got, you're there:D I've shot my bow with the cams slightly out of sync and didn't notice much difference in point of impace at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts