Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

i'm brand new to the forum and very new to archery/bowhunting. I was fortunate enough to borrow a friends bow to get into it and now it's time to finally commit. Another friend offered to sell their Bowtech Equalizer for a reasonable price, but the draw length is fixed at 26. Many people i've asked said i should be able to find a mod to "extend" to 29 (my draw length), but i've found nothing anywhere.

in fact, not that i totally understand everything on the chart, but the Bowtech Spec Chart seems to indicate that the max is 27.5 for draw length. Could someone confirm this and perhaps give me a little insight to drawlength and mods?

for reference:

bowtecharchery.com Timing-Mod-Post-Chart 2020 pdf (since i'm new, i can't post links so you'll have to websearch it)

Thank you in advance and i look forward to engaging in the forums and learning more about archery!

·
Registered
589 Posts
You are correct in that the Equalizer will only go to 27.5. From the spec chart ,it appears to be a short draw length bow . I see you are from Alaska so it's probably hard to get your hands on newer bows. You might have a better chance with your question on the General forum or the Franken bow forum. You may be able to purchase some other cams to get to what you want, but you would probably have to get special threads which is going to start costing more and I'm not sure that the bow will be safe at 29". There are some awesome guys on here who do this stuff a lot, just get the question in the right person's hands. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts