Archery Talk Forum banner

Bowtech Equalizer or Elite Fire

1016 14
I want to buy one of these two bows and can't decide. I always wanted the equalizer but have heard some much limb problems and bad customer service. I have never heard any problems with the equalizer. Which do you think? My Wife would want me to stay with my Mission X3 lol
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,126 Posts
Go with a fire if you can get one. Personally i think the gt500 with the cuda cams are the best bows on the market right now. My wife shot an equalizer for 2 years, she had a top limb splinter and waited 2 weeks for a new set. She shot the gt500 with cudas and now ones on the way.

· Registered
3,590 Posts
I want to buy one of these two bows and can't decide. I always wanted the equalizer but have heard some much limb problems and bad customer service. I have never heard any problems with the equalizer. Which do you think? My Wife would want me to stay with my Mission X3 lol
I haven't shot the Elite Fire, but do have an 08 Equalizer...never had any problems with it, and love it.

· Registered
2,586 Posts
I have an Elite Fire. I think that the draw is smoother and easier at same pound pull than an equalizer. Strictly my opinion. Both are great bows, but I like the Fire better.

· Registered
2,713 Posts
Go with a fire if you can get one. Personally i think the gt500 with the cuda cams are the best bows on the market right now. My wife shot an equalizer for 2 years, she had a top limb splinter and waited 2 weeks for a new set. She shot the gt500 with cudas and now ones on the way.
Limb problems on a Bowtech? C'mon nobodies gonna buy that one! Well Sorry tutone I stand corrected. I actually told tutone to go with the equalizer today at work because it was one of the few models that I had NOT heard any negative limb issues on. I have read so much negativity on archery talk about Bowtech limbs that yesterday while I was at the local pro shop I asked @#!$% what he has heard about Bowtech having limb issues. The first thing that came out of his mouth was Bowtech HAS limb issues! My next comment was Have you ever been to archery talk? He said no and asked me about it. I then informed him of the threads I have read here on AT about the Generals. I told him about the Federal recall witch to my surprise he new nothing about. He then told me that the reason he quit selling Bowtech bow's was because he didn't care for there customer service witch surprised me a little. At that point I told him that he should check out AT. Everything I just typed I told tutone about today at work. He asked me witch Bow I thought he should get and I told him to gowith the equilizer because I new he has wanted one for awhile and it was one of the few models that I had heard nothing negative about. Well tutone is a very good friend of mine and I would like to take my choice back. Go with the Fire or something with a better track record. I don't care if it's being blown out of proportion. I've heard enough it's not worth it. I havent heard this many issues on all the other brands combined! I'm sure like most things most of what you hear is BS. but like most things there is some truth to the story. I vote no on Bowtech and I don't really care who it offends. :thumbs_do

· Registered
286 Posts
Fire!

My Fire is awesome! Just ask Karbon! Iv'e heard great things about
the equalizer as well and would not hesitate to buy one. Bowtechs
are not junk at all. The Elite cuda is supposed to be the Bees Knees
though. I want to put custom 70lb barnsdales on my Fire and see
what she can really do! :thumbs_up
Mark

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.