Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few questions.Do they determine the IBO with a 350gr arrow at 60lbs or 70lbs and at 27" DL?What will the arrow speed be at 45-50lbs with a 350 and 400gr arrow at 26" DL?Will this be a good bow for my wife?I am looking forward to the new ROSS!!
Thanks
PHILIP

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi Philip,
My Equalizer came will tag stating the IBO speed at 60lbs, with a 300g arrow.
Set up for target I am getting 285 ish fps with Catel triples and 308 fps with ace's. Bowtech don't currently produce this bow at anymore than 60lb draw weight. As for the bow, if you have a short draw length-this bow and possibly the ICE from Elite are simply on another level compared to any other bow out there. I cannot give you a speed for the set up you mentioned, but either of these bows will give much better arrow speeds than you might imagine and are very nice to shoot.ALOT of lady archers over here in the UK are switching to Equalizers.
Regards ChappyBoss

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ChappyBoss said:
Hi Philip,
My Equalizer came will tag stating the IBO speed at 60lbs, with a 300g arrow.
Set up for target I am getting 285 ish fps with Catel triples and 308 fps with ace's. Bowtech don't currently produce this bow at anymore than 60lb draw weight. As for the bow, if you have a short draw length-this bow and possibly the ICE from Elite are simply on another level compared to any other bow out there. I cannot give you a speed for the set up you mentioned, but either of these bows will give much better arrow speeds than you might imagine and are very nice to shoot.ALOT of lady archers over here in the UK are switching to Equalizers.
Regards ChappyBoss
Thanks ChappyBoss

·
Registered
28 Posts
Equalizer!!!

arrow speed is tested by taking half of your poundage and multiplying by ten to find which arrow to test, just like when you choose an arrow weight to match your draw lbs. (ex--->60 lbs draw/2=30, 30x10=300)

I don't know if you've seen this, hopefully it helps. I copied it directly off of the BowTech website:

Perhaps the best compliment that can be paid the new Equalizer bow from BowTech is that it comes up short. In draw length that is, which maxes out at 26 1/2". But that is where any handicap ends. No more having to concede to the 30" draw shooter at unmarked 3D courses. The playing field has been equalized. Pound for pound, inch for inch, the new Equalizer is the fastest bow in the BowTech line-up reaching top speed of 302 fps with a 26 1/2" draw at 60 pounds. That is equivalent to an IBO speed rating of 350 fps!

The Equalizer, which is scheduled to launch on November 1, 2005, puts out an amazing 61 fpe of kinetic energy providing penetration power never before achieved at this draw length. Other specifications include a 32" axle-to-axle length, 7" brace height, mass weight of 3.5 lbs, draw length modules in half inch increments from 23" to 26 1/2", peak draw weights of 29, 40, 50, and 60 pounds, and a speed rating of 294 to 302 fps.

As with all 2006 BowTech bows, the Equalizer features the patent pending Binary Cam System which, in just one short year, has gone from a new product launch to wide market acceptance, making it the newest evolution in the design of the compound bow.

Efficient and lightweight with unparalleled performance, the Equalizer is ideal for women, teens or anyone lucky enough to have short arms.

I'm a firm believer in their products and services, as well as the management and the direction they're taking this vastly growing company. As for the Equalizer, well, the attached message speaks for itself!!! (I'm getting one for my wife and short-armed 5ft male Army buddy.)

Please feel free to PM me if you have any other ?'s on the EQ. as I may not look at this thread for a week or so. -Mat-

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Like already stated the IBO rating was using 26 1/2" draw at 60# and a 300 gr. arrow. Mine set at 55# and using a 352 gr. arrow and 26 1/2" draw is getting 260-265 fps (don't remember exactly right now). Am assuming going to 50# it should be in the 250 fps neighborhood.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts