Archery Talk Forum banner

Bowtech Equalizer

993 Views 19 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  KDS
I'm thinking about getting a bowtech, and since I have short draw, and I'm younger, i was thinking about the Equalizer. I live on the Kansas/Nebraska border and there isnt a pro shop near by to shoot one, so i was just thinking what you guys that have shot one think of this bow. Sometime I plan to find a pro shop that sells bowtech, but that will probably be after deer season. Thanks!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
469 Posts
I too have a short draw length and purchased an equalizer for it's performance.

Currently it is shooting the lights out for me out to 50 yards.

The cams/draw are aggressive but if you start out a little light on the draw weight and work yourself up, you should be okay and you should work into it no problem.

Be sure and get the cams "sync"ed properly so you won't have 2 big "humps" in your draw cycle.

Bowtech has a program that they refer to as the "Bowtech in the Boonies" program that they could sell and ship you a bow if you're not within a certain range of the nearest dealer.

· Registered
2,394 Posts
I'm thinking about getting a bowtech, and since I have short draw, and I'm younger, i was thinking about the Equalizer. I live on the Kansas/Nebraska border and there isnt a pro shop near by to shoot one, so i was just thinking what you guys that have shot one think of this bow. Sometime I plan to find a pro shop that sells bowtech, but that will probably be after deer season. Thanks!
I bought one in late April/early May and I wouldn't trade it for anything. It shoots great, is light, and has a pretty smooth draw. You won't be disappointed!

· Registered
2,661 Posts
First off I have on my asbestos skivvies so I'm not scared. And NO this is not a Bowtech bashing. The Equalizer is a fine bow and yes I owned a crackerized one, an Ally, and a Guardian so I speak from personal experience. However I got to put a plug in for the Elite line of short draw bows. The Fire is every bit as fast, as a matter of fact it is faster. It is hands down smoother with much less hand shock. Give them a look as well. You absolutely can't go wrong with either one.

· Registered
1,361 Posts
Dont overook the Diamond Equilizer either. just got my girlfriend one. This is a really sweet bow and very smooth and way faster than i ever thot. Got her a 30-40 and set at 25.5" and she is shooting 3" groups with fingers within 15 shots(she hates releases for some reson)

· Registered
6,665 Posts
Dont overook the Diamond Equilizer either. just got my girlfriend one. This is a really sweet bow and very smooth and way faster than i ever thot. Got her a 30-40 and set at 25.5" and she is shooting 3" groups with fingers within 15 shots(she hates releases for some reson)
Do you mean the Diamond Edge?

The Equalizer is a fantastic bow. I used to have one, but I sold it and moved into a Constitution. As good as the Connie is, the Equalizer shoots every bit as good. My son won the JOAD Outdoor Nationals with his Equalizer in 2008 and 2008, as well as 3rd in 2007, second in the 2008 NAA Indoor Nationals, and lots of other state and regional tournaments. I would definitely say that the bow is top in its class for short draw archers.

· Registered
2,005 Posts
I have one and yes it is a bit hard to get used to the draw- just don't crank it up to fast. And after getting used to the equalizer's draw drawing other bows feels like nothing. But besides the draw it is amazing. Fast and smooth. No hand shock. It is my favorite bow so far.

· Registered
3,590 Posts
I'm an equalizer fan...This is my 3rd bow in 19 months...I don't see myself getting a different one anytime soon.

I shoot a lot of 3ds in the summer, hunting in the fall and winter 5 spots. I'll be using it for all 3.

It's got my vote.

· Registered
2,143 Posts
I had one the first season they came out but ended up switching to the Allegiance the next year. These two bows were physically identicle in every respect except the cams. I preferred the smooth mods in the Allegiance but realized I had to give up a few fps to get that. The Equalizer is a darn nice bow just not the nicest draw curve in my opinion.

· Registered
6,430 Posts
Two changes since the 2009 bows lineup for both Bowtech and ELite... The Bowtech Equilizer I see is no-longer available unless you find a leftover somewhere, and the Elite Fire no-longer exsists only making room for the new and improved {Cuda} for 2009... the Cuda will be not only fast, but super smooth....But any of those 3 bows,, Equilizer, Fire, or Cuda will make the cut extremely well... IMHO...

· Registered
3,985 Posts
I've got a 2005 Allegiance, sold a 2006 Equalizer because my new Elite Fire was faster and much easier to shoot. Now, I've got a Cuda on order. It's supposed to be faster and smoother than my Fire. I find that hard to believe, but even if it's the same speed and smoother, it will be a good buy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.