Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been trying to get my Bowtech Experience broadhead tuned. I don't have a press and from what I read yoke tuning in the way to go. I'm getting decent holes through paper, but can't get my broadheads to come down, see photo, (FP in center BH high and slightly right). Even had a shop look at it, they verified the draw stops are hitting at the same time. The one thing I notice is that my cable is not running directly between my timing marks but the shop stated this isn't causing any issue and when I shot good holes through paper they said there's not much more I can do and it could just be the broadhead.

I switched out the broadhead I was shooting with another, (same make / model), but get the same results.

Bowtech Experience 64lbs - 28.5" draw
Easton Axis 340
VPA 100 grain vented

Are there any adjustments to bring the broadhead down to have the same POI as the FP?

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
Lower the rest a hair at a time until broadheads group with field tips. Arrow should be dead level or very close at brace [bow not drawn]. Cams must be synced perfectly not just almost perfectly. To fix the right impact issue you will need to put a twist in the left yoke legs and a twist out of the right side yokes. Make sure your rest is centered righ through the grip center. I nock an arrow and eyeball down through the string, the grip center and the arrow shaft to line it up. You can go half or full twist adjustment until the left , right issue is fixed.

Tail left and impact right require twist in the left and out of the right to cure and tail right is the opposite. I try to tune with shaft dead through berger holes. If your cam sync is out the bow will not want to respond to the rest adjustment.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"If your cam sync is out the bow will not want to respond to the rest adjustment." Very true statement - bow was only responding to major rest adjustments, had to move the rest more than 1/8" to get any arrow movement. Tuned out my cams were out of sync, which I corrected and started over. Since it was getting late I stopped at the point where I was getting the slightest right tear and the broadheads were 2 inches left of field points - really nice to resolve the vertical issues. I'm close and hope to finish up by this weekend.

Any ideas why or what makes cam out of sync?

Thanks for all the help - wealth of information on Archery Talk!

Lower the rest a hair at a time until broadheads group with field tips. Arrow should be dead level or very close at brace [bow not drawn]. Cams must be synced perfectly not just almost perfectly. To fix the right impact issue you will need to put a twist in the left yoke legs and a twist out of the right side yokes. Make sure your rest is centered righ through the grip center. I nock an arrow and eyeball down through the string, the grip center and the arrow shaft to line it up. You can go half or full twist adjustment until the left , right issue is fixed.

Tail left and impact right require twist in the left and out of the right to cure and tail right is the opposite. I try to tune with shaft dead through berger holes. If your cam sync is out the bow will not want to respond to the rest adjustment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts