Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's the new guy again! So as I'm getting all of my accessories together for my first bow I have to decide who's going to help me. Who would you guys trust? I know learning how to do it myself will be best in the long run. As always thanks in advance for any info!

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
The same kids work at both so doesn't matter.

Only matters if you have to buy it from a proshop.

·
Registered
548 Posts
It will all depend on the guy behind the counter. Id put my money on the pro shop guy getting you set up properly...but if you may also find some guys around you from here that may help you as well. Not sure where you're at but if close to southern Indiana/northern Kentucky, let me know.

·
Oblivious to the Shills
2,451 Posts
If it's coming from Dick's it will be from the Diamond line and I would recommend the Deploy. It has all features of much more expensive bows at a better price. Finding a good tech to set up a new shooter at a box store will be tough. I'm not saying they are not there, but they are hard to find.

I would recommend going to a pro shop where you can see the BowTechs and the Diamonds and have a much better chance of getting started on the right foot.

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
Yea, I was just going to say, Dicks cant sell "Bowtech", so it has to be a Diamond.... which is like Mathews "Mission" line.... less cost, less performance

·
Mark
5,226 Posts
I prefer pro shops myself if they have a good tech and he's the one working on your bow. A pro shop with shooting lanes can help you learn proper grip, form and help in general as it sound alike your new to archery.

·
Oblivious to the Shills
2,451 Posts
Also is $50 bucks for a "tune and set up" a reasonable price to pay?
If you walk into a shop with a bow and accessories and ask them to set it up....yes.
If you buy the bow and accessories from them...heck no.....DB move.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went with the pro shop guy for the initial setup. He got me squared away plus gave me a few tips. The guy at Dicks helped me select my arrows and gave me more tips as well he was great too!

·
Devil's Advocate
923 Posts
depending on where you are, there's a lot of overlap. The local Dicks here, the bow guys hang out and get their equipment from the local pro-shop so they cross refer each other, often by name.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts