Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2008 Bowtech General that I purchased new from the factory a few years ago through their military appreciation program. It does have the modification done to all Generals that were subject to the recall. I was shooting my bow today and noticed that it seemed a bit loud. I shot a few more times and it seemed to be louder still. As I started to draw back on another shot, the string went limp in my hand....(I started doing a self check to see if I had gotten hit by my exploding string). A closer look showed me that the bow was still under tension with the lines that criss cross. The module that sets the draw length was spun around on the main bottom cam and had wedged itself against the limb. It seems to have had a screw back out and come loose while being drawn. This in turn created tremendous torque on the cam itself and the cam axle. I immediately took this to my local BT dealer who is going to send it back to the factory. Has anyone else seen this? I did not think to take any pictures so no proof of this. The dealer did say that I was very lucky to not have been hurt. Thanks for all replies.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Had plenty of module screws back out... All kinds of problems can occur from this. Blue loctite on the set screws will prevent this in the future. Something to check as well... Its possible that the limb replacement recall work was done incorrectly. I have seen many of these replacement limbs installed incorrectly. Could have been installed out of order, example... Bottom limb on top and visa versa. Your bt dealer should have recognized this if this was the case however.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts