Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard recently that someone took off their factory string suppressor and replaced it with one of the aftermarket ones that mounts on the inside stabilizer hole and it made it quieter. Has anyone out there done this????

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm sure someone has but don't see how that bow can get much quieter. It is probably the quietest bow I've ever shot.

·
Banned
297 Posts
This goes to show why keyboard archers are so freakin pathetic. its obvious the yuppy that starts a thread titled "General Noise" has never shot one and is just tryin to start crap!!!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually own a General and I also own a Drenalin. I love my General and think it's the most accurate bow I have ever owned, but in no way is it as quiet as the Mathews!!!! :user:

·
Registered
15,258 Posts
I actually own a General and I also own a Drenalin. I love my General and think it's the most accurate bow I have ever owned, but in no way is it as quiet as the Mathews!!!! :user:
make sure the cams are times and oriented correctly as well as making sure the draw stop is set right, short stop is set properly, and all the mod screws are tight. that bow should be quieter than the drenalin by a bit.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I've seen a couple guys pull off the factory string supressor and slip an STS stopper in it's place and quiet them down even more. As idicated above, the General is already really quiet but you can make it even more quiet. If I wasn't at the range and watched them shoot the two side by side and hear the difference I wouldn't have believed it. They ended up putting the STS stopper on the second bow and you could tell it was quieter than from the factory.

Greg.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
If this is the case, then you have a loose screw or some other part that is making noise on the bow. It definetly should be quieter than the Dren.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.