Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iv been looking at that bow and i keep hearing that the bow limbs explode, and i know that there have been heaps of threads on it...

they say that bowtech have stopped this problem by making proper limbs on the new bows?

so if i went and bought a new general, what is the chance of the limbs breaking? what your opinion

thx..joe

· Registered
6,474 Posts
Bowtech updated the limbs on the General to solve the breakage issue. The modification added some rather ugly silver rivets to the ends of the limbs where the axles run through the limb. If your limbs have some bright shiny rivets on the ends, you have the updated limbs. If these silver rivets are not found on your bow, you can have the limbs replaced under the provisions of Bowtech's recall program at no charge to you. Any responsible Bowtech dealer should be able to look at your bow and, if the updated limbs are not installed, will be able to fix you up.

I may get bashed for this, but since the recall, the number of threads about General limb problems has completely vanished from this site.

Automan

· Registered
1,154 Posts
Bowtech updated the limbs on the General to solve the breakage issue. The modification added some rather ugly silver rivets to the ends of the limbs where the axles run through the limb. If your limbs have some bright shiny rivets on the ends, you have the updated limbs. If these silver rivets are not found on your bow, you can have the limbs replaced under the provisions of Bowtech's recall program at no charge to you. Any responsible Bowtech dealer should be able to look at your bow and, if the updated limbs are not installed, will be able to fix you up.

I may get bashed for this, but since the recall, the number of threads about General limb problems has completely vanished from this site.

Automan
no reason to get bashed - i think bowtech realized there was a MAJOR flaw with the General and they obviously so far found the right fix to it i still think the General is one of best hunting bows out there even though I dont hunt lol

· Just beat Terry Club
9,369 Posts
They even put the new limbs on my Commander when the lower limbs let go on it. Not the prettiest things but fixed the problem I hope.

· Registered
72 Posts
Archery is a sport where confidence in your equiptment is paramount. If you are concerned about the limbs on the General, perhaps you should be looking for another bow...and i'm not saying that it would have to be outside of the BowTech line, but if your concerned about it now, your bows integrity will always be in question.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.