Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here ya go! In case you haven't seen one yet this is a Torqueless grip for an '06 Ally in the Morning Forest 66 color. For those of you contemplating any kind of aftermarket grip for a Bowtech, forget about the instructions found online about using a blow dryer to soften the adhesive and "easily remove the grip." After letting the blow dryer heat the grip for over an hour without even the slightest hint of movement, I opted for the caveman solution and cracked the OEM grip right down the center. BT glues the hell out of that thing onto the riser using a black silicone slathered all over both sides of the riser. The grip didn't come off in 2 halves, rather it came off in numerous splintered pieces and a bunch of black silicone boogers. Nice.

The new grip is awesome and feels a ton better than stock. This color matches my Hardwoods Green finish on the bow perfectly. It totally improves the entire look of the bow. Anyway, thought you folks would appreciate the photos:

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Lookin awesome thanks for the pics was very interested on how they looked and felt compared to OEM.
Sand box, is it still hotter then hell over there? Are you back home? If so welcome home!!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Home for a short month then its right back over. When I flew out it wasn't too bad relatively speaking, but it was still over 100 in the middle of the day. Thanks for the kind words.

Go for this grip; the thing is fantastic.

·
Just shoot it!!!
3,178 Posts
Can they make it without that big lump (in red)?

Like where the yellow line is?

I feel like for me, the way it is moves the hand too far down away from the arrow.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
PM Torqueless with picture and ask him. That looks like the short nose already and that is all he shows on his website. Torqueless.com. That would be the person I would ask.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Give Dave a call.....

Monty,

Give Dave a call at Torqueless, I'm sure he'll try to accomidate you.

Boy is he gonna be busy now.

SLash

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This grip was ordered with the "competition nose." They do make a short nose version and I'd bet if you had a custom request, he could make it happen.

+1 on what bwhnter4life said.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
If that is the competition nose in the picture, the short nose is a 1/4" smaller which would eliminate your issue monty53 by using the picture you gave and picture pacman gave and crossing it with picture on his website. Dave should help you out on your situation. Interested on his reply to you Monty53

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
I actually got my grip to come off in only 2 pieces. It's easy to split down the middle like you say, and then you can turn a flathead screwdriver sideways and pry around for awhile, and it will come off. Might take 2 screwdrivers lol. Only took about 10 minutes. This was on a late '05 model Ally.

The torqueless grip is nice. A lot more comfortable than I was expecting, and built to order. Nice grips Dave.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Can they make it without that big lump (in red)?

yeah, what Monty53 said! I like the color scheme

1 - 11 of 11 Posts