Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a brand new 08 model Guardian from a dealer the other day. The next day, after getting it all set up with parts from previous bow, shot about 2 1/2 dozen arrows through it when about the 28th shot or so, i released and heard a pop, the sting comes flying off and it looks like the limbs are cracked. Immediately took it right back to the dealer. I am somewhat dumbfounded as to what happend because Ive never had problems with bowtech or have really heard any about the Guardian. Any insight to what may have happened? Bow is still at the dealer deciding on what to do, this should be covered under BowTech warranty, correct? I havent had to deal with BowTech warranty in the past, but havent heard very good things about it. Any info. is appreciated! Thanks

·
stay calm pick a spot
3,110 Posts
Have you found the cause of the derailment?

·
Patriot
5,048 Posts
Considering the newness of your bow, I'd be suprised if they didn't cover this under warranty. Good luck.

·
Registered
17,813 Posts
it is warrantied for sure if its new. guardians never had any limb issues that i am aware of. bowtech warranty service was always great to me when i worked at a pro shop.

·
Registered
299 Posts
sounds like the cam mods might have come loose maybe and cut the string. was at a a local shop the other day that had a bow in for repairs that the mod came loose after 100s of shots and had cut the string and exploded the bow. you lucky though because that guy now has to replace almost everything due to arrow ended up splintering and going thru his sight. luckly not his arm.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still havent found a cause for this or what will happen from here. Keep you guys updated

·
Registered
366 Posts
With the stored energy in todays compounds it is so important to check every thing before each shooting session. I thump on the cams and strings, look over the limbs and fasteners with a fine tooth comb. Especially a new bow before shooting. Found loose screws on my new Iceman, the same with Martin Onza. Its' sad to say but all bows are subect to stuff loosening up during shipping. shooting and riding around in your truck. It is a must to be vigilant. Glad no one was hurt.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Possibly torqued the risers real bad and that may have caused the derailment.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still no cause of derailment or answer from the dealer. Getting kind of antsy..season comes in in 5 days

1 - 15 of 15 Posts