Archery Talk Forum banner

Bowtech Guardian questions

1009 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  quickcat18
Hello all, haven't been on this site in quite some time.
I bought an '07 guardian from here in 2010.
It is in good condition, pretty new strings, but I don't like the setup.
I think the strings cross each other at the wrong spot on the bow (I was told), the string stop is pushing to hard against the strings because its too long and cant be made shorter, I am not sure of the draw length, but its at least 28 (I know I need a 30'')
Anyways, I think I want to sell it, even though its a fine piece. I would like something newer that has adjustable draw length and can be set up a little bit better.
What do you think I could get for the bare bow if I sold it? Its RH, camo, silver cams, and almost new strings.
Should I sell it?
If so what are the better cheap(ish) bows out there for hunting?
Diamond, bowtech, matthews?
I'm more of a gun man, dont know much about bows.
Thanks ladies. :wink:
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
366 Posts
I wouldnt sell it. Its often referd to as the best hunting bow ever made. You can change the draw length with a new mod real ez. The cables cross above the slide. It sounds like you just need some help with setting it up. Search for the guardian owners thread, a ton of good info. As for your bow value about 350 or 400. Pm me if you need any help, I know that bow well.

· Registered
4,855 Posts
i love mine,but looking for a another bow,ive shot mine since 08 ,so looking for a new bow makes it tough,its deathly quiet,fast,and accurate as heck,i even added some stuff ,limb savers,string stop,so now you dont even hear the bow,so yes this bow will spoil you,if you look for new you will think everything out there on the market is loud.

· Registered
325 Posts
Definitely keep the Guardian. You will have a hard time finding anything that shoot as consistently in today's hunting class bows.

Order new mods from your local dealer. You are going to want to order CP-1 modules for a 30" draw - I THINK. Verify that before you order. But when you get them, you can change them out yourself. I actually just put on a set of CP-3 (28") on my Guardian today.

· Registered
4,330 Posts
send me a PM if you have trouble with finding mods as the shops around me have them and i can usally get a set fr $25 and i got all the strings for my Guardians from JBK strings "omen" here on AT and they are the best strings i have ever used. plus you get an 18 month warranty. Great bow for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.