Archery Talk Forum banner

Bowtech Guardian

3226 Views 17 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  CAB980002
I am interested in getting one from someone on here soon. (Lots for sale :darkbeer:) I am wanting to know though... Wasn't there a recall on the limbs for a while? Is there a specific year for the recall and how do I know if it's been done? Looking at several 08' models.

Are they smooth shooting? Fast? Any info would be appreciated.. :wink:
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2,965 Posts
The only problem the Guardians had was the factory cable slide would wear and cut into the strands. I put a Saunders Speedslide on mine and it been all good.

· Registered
1,369 Posts
The general was the one that had the recall. The Guardian is a solid sweet shooting bow. The draw is "stiff" but very smooth. Very quiet bow.

· Registered
3,079 Posts
The Guardian is just about the perfect hunting bow. The only thing some might not like is the weight. It's heavy as all get out but for me that's a good thing. The limb recall was on the General. You won't be disappointed.

· Registered
3,864 Posts
The only problem with the guardian is you'll never want to get rid of it. I thought I could get away from mine, turns out I was wrong. They are a little heavy, but man are they quiet, and smooth. A little stiff like one guy mentioned but no humps in the draw cycle. I just got mine set up with 80 lb limbs and I love that bow.

· Socket Man
25,923 Posts
There is a guardian owners thread that is 25 or so pages long with all kinds of suggestions in it from tons of guys that shot one. I have a 2007 guardian and it is a great bow. Just go to the advanced search and type in guardian owners thread and look through them and you will find the thread.

· The Impartial Archer
24,837 Posts
I have it's big brother the Commander same bow just a 37 incher. These are great bows even by todays standards. Quiet, 320-328 IBO, and the riser is awesome. IMO it's the magic in the bow. It's braces the limbs at the mid-point and makes it very quiet, gives you great stability and you don't need a press to take the bow down. Many people forgot or maybe don't know but on the Commander and Guardian you just back the limb bolts out and take it apart.

There are several variations of these type bows like the Admiral, General, Captain BUT only the Commander and Guardian had the riser with the "Center Pivot" design. I guess it was too expensive to continue to produce????? Either way this riser design is very forgiving and unbelievably quiet.

So quiet in fact that I ended up taking off the string stop in this pic because the string hitting the stop was louder than the bow.

I'm a guy that buys a new bow every year and I keep going back to the Commander.......it's that good.

PS the Guardian weighs 4.2 pounds.......if that's heavy.

Attachments

· Registered
19,931 Posts
The general had a drastic amount of preload, the guardian hardly any! I guess this was the issue with the general limbs, they added a rivet in the tips which if was there in the first place would have saved them and shooters a bunch of problems!

· Registered
4 Posts
I just purchased a 2007 model from Craigslist this week after spending a little time on here researching them. This is my first bow as an adult and I have only shot it a couple of times and seems I'm gonna like it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.