Archery Talk Forum banner

Bowtech guardian

406 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  wdriver
I bought a 2007 guardian last year. I am just a beginner but I have been shooting alot over the summer but I was shooting the other day and heard a pop and went inside started checking and one of my limbs was cracked. I just had the limbs replaced today and can hardly draw the bow back. What is different if it is the same limbs and the adjustment is the same? I am thinking its me but something seems very different.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
195 Posts
Might be you got 70lb limbs when before you had 60lb, but if that is the case it should not be hard to pull, I think that when the limbs were replaced that your timing is of causing it to be hard to pull, I had the same issue with my Guardian
there is a part on the cam that is shaped like a J, the bottom part of the J should be about 1/8 of an inch from the edge of the limb if this makes sense, may be some one has a picture and can show you if I didn't confuse you.:confused:

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bowtech guardian

THey told me when I took it in that it was very badly out of time and he showed how to look at the J that you were just talking about. The bow is in time now but I am just having a really hardtime figuring out why I was having such a hard time drawing back after getting the bow back today. I was really frustrated trying to shoot today.

Thanks for the tips

· Registered
4,453 Posts
The cables may have been stretched severely, or the limb bolts may have been backed out before and you didn't notice. A combo of the 2 could make your 70 pounder a 50 pounder. :wink:

It sounds like you got the bow second hand , so who knows what could have happened to it. :sad:

Can you post pics of it? Someone may be able to diagnose a problem that way, if there is something fairly obvious.

· Patriot
5,055 Posts
still hard to draw?

Is it all fixed now and still hard to draw?
THey told me when I took it in that it was very badly out of time and he showed how to look at the J that you were just talking about. The bow is in time now but I am just having a really hardtime figuring out why I was having such a hard time drawing back after getting the bow back today. I was really frustrated trying to shoot today.

Thanks for the tips

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.