Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I have no problems with bowtech limbs. And if I did than I have a lifetime warranty. :wink:

Oh, and elite has limb failures as well:secret:

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have no doubt that bowtech will have some pretty awesome bows out. They always do....I have no concerns with the limbs.

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
bbarnett51 said:
I have no doubt that bowtech will have some pretty awesome bows out. They always do....I have no concerns with the limbs.
Ditto:)

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
It seems like most guys that have issues with their limbs never even owned a bowtech before, just like stating there are problems

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I can't wait to see them. The area rep says it's unbelieveable. Better than the Tribute. My wife is going to kill me if I ask for another bow this year :tongue: .

·
Registered
36 Posts
No worries here. I will stick to bowtech too!

·
Registered
360 Posts
My dealer told me that his rep said when he shot next years bow at 29" @ 70 pounds with a 350 grain arrow, he felt less shock than the tribute and looked at the chrono and it read 351, now thats awesome if you ask me

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
Wow.....

just when I am getting ready to drop some $$$$ for a special camo Tribute.....Looks like I need to hold off.

When is the release of 07 models for Bowtech, anyone know???

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Well I'm currently on my 3rd Bowtech soo far.. and it's an '04 Pro 40 Dually. Never had a single limb issue... and I push my bow to the limit. I still think alot of the "limb issues" are press related.. and if there are a few issues.. then that's what the warranty is for.

I remember a few years back when Mathews limbs were cracking left and right..

I'm definately planning on a new bow for '07... can't wait to see what's in store from everyone for '07... be it Bowtech, Elite, Mathews, Hoyt, ect...

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
mdewitt71 said:
just when I am getting ready to drop some $$$$ for a special camo Tribute.....Looks like I need to hold off.

When is the release of 07 models for Bowtech, anyone know???
usually november:)

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Personally I don't know...

I for one am still undecided. I like my Bowtech and the piece of mind that comes with owning a product from an established company. I have had zero issues with my bow, but even as great as it is I am conscious to the fact that it could be improved upon. I am in no way brand loyal so when you figure in lambinated limbs, less weight, and less cost it is a tough decision. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
If you've seen the new crossbow that Bowtech has been working on, one thing will stand out.... split limbs. Thats my prediction anyway.

Looks like I picked a good year to buy a 3D bow...

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Split limbs sound good to me except for one concern.... are you asking for trouble with a glass split limb or will the split limb be as durable as a solid limb?

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
I for one am still undecided. I like my Bowtech and the piece of mind that comes with owning a product from an established company. I have had zero issues with my bow, but even as great as it is I am conscious to the fact that it could be improved upon.
I am in lock-step with you here. If I put a new bow in the plan for next year I am going to shoot everything I can get my hands on before I buy. Mathews is supposed to have a little faster bow with 7 more dampeners this fall. I will try that one. Maybe Hoyt will replace the Zephyr cams with something a little better on their new parallel limb bows.

I am in no way brand loyal so when you figure in lambinated limbs, less weight, and less cost it is a tough decision.

Depends on how much less and what the courts find, though not in that order.

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
no.1 BigMan said:
Split limbs sound good to me except for one concern.... are you asking for trouble with a glass split limb or will the split limb be as durable as a solid limb?
Hoyt's ZR series glass limbs are bulletproof, so I'd say they'd be ok if they're ordered as good as Hoyt's.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts