Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I'm a rookie at trying to set up my own rig so bear with me please.:eek:

I just got a 2010 Admiral and it came with a nock on the string and I'm going to tie on the D Loop.

My Question: Do I nock my arrow above or below this factory nock ?
Where do I tie my D Loop in relation to this factory nock ?

I've read it both ways by a little research, but I'd like some input here please.

·
Registered
103 Posts
All depends on the rest you will be using. Dropaways usually require a higher nock point btw. With an arrow nocked and sitting on(or in)the rest you need an exact horizontal line of the arrow in relation to the bow. That will tell you where the nock point should go. You will need a bow square to do this if you want it perfect.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All depends on the rest you will be using. Dropaways usually require a higher nock point btw. With an arrow nocked and sitting on(or in)the rest you need an exact horizontal line of the arrow in relation to the bow. That will tell you where the nock point should go. You will need a bow square to do this if you want it perfect.
I get that and can adjust the rest accordingly. I've read that I should nock below and I've read I should nock the arrow below that factory nock but don't know which is best.

Yes I'll be using a drop away rest.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I took the nock completely off my 09 admiral(less weight on string) and used serving string to lock my d loop into place but If your keeping the nock, the arrow should be below the nock

1 - 5 of 5 Posts