Archery Talk Forum banner

Bowtech Limbs Question (82nd)

419 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  brendog84cj8
Hey Gents......& ladies.

I recently bought a '08 Bowtech 82nd Airborne from Jays in Clare MI. It was labeled 60-70 lbs limbs. I haven't done anything to it as far as cables or anything like that. I used a weight scale to see what I was drawing and it max's out at 59-60 #. Now this could be due to maybe it being a year old in the store and people shooting it and maybe the strings are stretched(the strings seems to be in mint cond). Maybe it was mis-labeled.

What would you do if you were in this situation. I'm not upset by any means just wondering what I should do to see if there is a problem or if its just a factory mistake in labeling?

Thanks!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· 300 or bust
13,148 Posts
Hey Gents......& ladies.

I recently bought a '08 Bowtech 82nd Airborne from Jays in Clare MI. It was labeled 60-70 lbs limbs. I haven't done anything to it as far as cables or anything like that. I used a weight scale to see what I was drawing and it max's out at 59-60 #. Now this could be due to maybe it being a year old in the store and people shooting it and maybe the strings are stretched(the strings seems to be in mint cond). Maybe it was mis-labeled.

What would you do if you were in this situation. I'm not upset by any means just wondering what I should do to see if there is a problem or if its just a factory mistake in labeling?

Thanks!
check BH, and ATA, to verify the string/cables arent WAY OUT. Otherwise take a look at the distance between the limb pocket and the riser, ill measure mine tonight and we can try and figure it out.

if you wanted a 60-70 and your limbs are in fact 50-60 i will trade you even up with my 08 82nd limbs.

PM me if your interested.

· Registered
451 Posts
Are the limbs maxed out for full poundage, maybe the shop turned them down making it easier for people to test shoot the bow, it would be easier to draw at 60lbs vs 70lbs???? Who knows, just a thought.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.