Archery Talk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bowtech lost a potential Destroyer customer today. I really was looking forward to getting a Destroyer after reading the great reviews about them and seeing them in print and on the web. However, I got to thinking about working on one and whether my press would work on the Destroyer after reading a couple threads here on AT. Well I called and talked to Nick at Bowtech and come to find out they only recomend 2 presses to use on the Destroyer, the Xpress and I forget the name of the other. My apple pro press probably won't work because you have to press right on the tips at the blocks on the limbs, roller type presses won't work more then likely. Nick said he could not even suggest trying because they don't have one there and haven't tested to see if they would work.

Bowtech seems to have lost contact with the consumer and its shops and dealers. How many shops and Bowtech dealers have the apple press or simular typr presses? Probably alot of shops, let alone alot of consumers who work on their own equipement. Why would Bowtech or any other company out there create and produce a bow that is so limited on what can be used to work on it? Not every one can go out and by a new press just to work on a couple different bows. I know I don't have the extra funds to do it, I am scraping to get the money to get a new hunting bow as it is, and was considering the destroyer but now it is off my list. Does anyone else see my point or am I just crazy?

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
I have PSE, BEAR, and BOWTECH manuals; they all pretty much mention the same thing-

"capable of applying pressure to the last 2” of the limbs"

Sure if a shop or archer has a old style press they may need to upgrade but, if ya ask me when a person wants or sells a NEW top of the line bow, they gotta "get with the times" on the tools to work on it. :wink:

I just spent $500 on a press/ draw station combo for these neer bows.......

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Everyone wants the advance in technology, but when it requires a new tool, they complain.

I cant think of any shop in my area that does not have an X-Press or EZ Press....

I guess I feel the complaint is off base...........

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I can't imagine using anything other than my EZ Press.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Well I'm no engineer but if you've used your press for other parallel limb bows then you should be fine with the Destroyer. Just make sure you back out the limb bolts and just be careful.

But also keep in mind that Bowtech isn't the first company to bring out a bow that won't work in your press. The pre-loaded limbs on the PSE X-force and now the Matthews Monster and 2010 Bear bows take special presses or attatchments to press those limbs as well. Also I'm not really seeing to many Apple presses out there now days. I see a lot of the X-Press from Sur loc more than anything now. Why? Because it is a safe press as it puts less pressure on the riser than others do and can press most bows as well as crossbows.

I don't think that your situation should keep you from buying the bow you desire as other manufacturers nowdays would probably say the same thing if they haven't tested a bow in that particular press.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yeah, it was a shame when carbs were replaced with fuel injection, because the backyard mechanics made such a fuss. Oh, how we all miss point type ignition systems, right? Damn those new fangled computers and such. Give me a cart and a horse and by god I'm happy.

Now, they go and invent bows that won't work on the old presses....Next thing you know they'll be running water into people's houses and putting that elek-trickety stuff in so that people can light up their houses...AT NIGHT! I swear, I just don't know what this world is coming to. Damn progress...

:wink::darkbeer:

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
yea!!

Everyone wants the advance in technology, but when it requires a new tool, they complain.

I cant think of any shop in my area that does not have an X-Press or EZ Press....

I guess I feel the complaint is off base...........

I agree.. Any shop worth it's salt will have the latest tools to work on the newest bows. It's not just Bowtech, Most quality manufacturers suggest these presses for their bows.

Get the best tools to do the job right.
Your customers Deserve it.

·
Shootingairborne
10,575 Posts
So with the four standard fingers will the EZ press the bow? Looks like the blocks holding the axels would hit it. I'm not a Bowtech dealer anymore.:cry:

Looks like it will be an awesome bow this year.:wink:

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Imagine that.....More Bowtech bashing.:rolleyes:

I wonder what the feeling was when the very first compound bow was made.:mg:

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
The newer has been a factor in my purchasing of bow too. I just bought a press last spring and found out that it will not work on certain new bows. I was ready to get a Monster until I found that out. I just cannot afford another press.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
i think its time for chapter 11

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
hear ya

THat is aggravating. I have not run into that problem but If you want the bow, I guess you will have to get the press. Maybe see if you can find a used one?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not Bowtech Bashing

I am not Bowtech Bashing, I think the Destroyer is going to be a great bow. I was just expressing my feelings. As far as getting a new press, yes maybe I need one but justg can't afford it right now and I am sure I am not the only one out there and because of that is why I may hold off on getting a Destroyer not because I hate Bowtech or anything like that.

Bowtech is a good company and will continue to lead the way in developing new tech for archery. I was meaning that a comapny can never loose all of the old fashioned customer service or there will be no customers to service. I am going to ask that this thread be closed because I feel that I have been misunderstood and possibly stated my feelings incorrectly . I don't want to bash or seem to bash. Sorry Bowtech, and whoever else I may have offended.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.