Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in bowtechs but one of my friends said he saw a kid shooting a pro 38 and it sounded like it was going to break every time he shot.Do all bowtechs do this?I would like any and all feed back on this question.Thank you for your time.:D

·
Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
My pro 40 dually target bow sounds loud also. However I am shoting a 310gr arrow through it and I could care less how noisy it is for targets. Now my Patriot with a 420gr hunting arrow is practically noise and shock free. It has just a bit less noise than does my Hoyt Cybertech.

·
Banned
4,304 Posts
The P38s are not a loud bow at all. The bow in question was either an exception (maybe an accessory caused the noise), or your friend is exaggerating. Some bows are quieter, some noisier than the BowTechs. With the proper set up (limb savers, stabilizer, etc) the BowTech bows are as quiet as the competition. Like USN said, my P40 Dually is louder than my Pat Dually. And like his, my bows are set up for different uses.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Maybe the guy was shooting the min. grain weight arrow for his set up. My target blackknight the min you can go is 350 grains and at first that was what I was shooting and you could here the string noise w/ silencers then I went to a 370 gr. arrow and it is alot quieter now. My hunting blk shoots a 435 gr. arrow and it is extremely quiet.

{KNIGYS OF THE ROUND TABLE}:cool:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Bowtechs are as quiet as any bow on the market.

You should hear one for yourself, next to any other bow on the market. I have 2 Patriots, one is a little louder than the other, but shooting different poundage and arrow weights. Neither have anything on them for silencing when I am shooting spots, or 3D. Shot next to a Mathews, my Patriot seems quieter . If you add a GKF tranqilizer, Limb Savers, and string silencers, you can barely hear it go off.

To compare it to another model, you have to shoot a similar bow, with the same arrow weight and poundage, under the same conditions. Some things that seem quiet in a carpeted house seem very loud in a silent woods, you have to compare apples to apples.

·
Registered
183 Posts
You said KID well that may be the problem right there,for one if somthing became loose alot of kids wouldnt notice nor care and things will work loose! especially if a kid installed a new quiver etc.I personelly seen a bowtech shoot 337 and wasnt noisy at all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts