Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
571 Posts
go with the hoyt alpha max ..it shoots so good and smooth u wont be sorry established company ..bowtech is in turmoil with limb problems and there ceo resigning...

· Banned
3,222 Posts
yeah, I never saw a US Consumer Safety Commission Recall on a Compound Bow until Bowtech.
There are "show me your blowed up Bowtech and your injury "threads on this forum.
There is a Bowtech "reliability support group" thread on this forum.
Hoyts are famous for having the best limb in the Industry.
You dont want a yokeless system.

· Registered
6,815 Posts
go with the hoyt alpha max ..it shoots so good and smooth u wont be sorry established company ..bowtech is in turmoil with limb problems and there ceo resigning...
+1....hoyt = virtually no limb failures!

the AM and katera are both great bows, i would say they perform very equal it would be just your personal preference as to which feels better to you ans your style, neither bow would be a bad decision!

· Registered
3,342 Posts
The Hoyts are Solid choices and could not go wrong. However the Bowtech Center Pivot technology is all the rage and was at the top of my list to check out. Shoot them both and decide. You could not go wrong with either company in my opinion.

· Registered
445 Posts
Depends on what your budget is. Right now you can pick-up a new Guardian from Scottie here in the classifieds for $525 (I think) shipped to your door with no sales tax and the Guardian is a first class bow and I have not heard of or seen any limb failures. Neither the AM35 or 101st will come close to the Guardian for quiteness.

But, if money is not an object shoot them all and pick what fits best for you. I have heard only good things about the AM35. I am not sure if the 101st is in the same class as the other two, unless you want the fastest then its the 101st.

· Registered
9,278 Posts
I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the bows listed. Try them all a bit more and see which one chooses you. :thumbs_up

· Registered
705 Posts
Turmoil???? About the only problems they are having is keeping up with demand. I have sold sold both Hoyt and Bowtech, both produce great products. Based on my personal experience with both companies, Bowtech offers superior customer service. Hoyt just didn't sell very well in our area. I have shot both the AM 32 and 35, nice bows but I wouldn't trade an Admirial or Captain for either of them. You or someone else may have a different opinion and you are welcome to it. Why come on here and run down:thumbs_do a company with statements like the one above?

Joey:smile:

· Registered
12,459 Posts
Turmoil???? About the only problems they are having is keeping up with demand. I have sold sold both Hoyt and Bowtech, both produce great products. Based on my personal experience with both companies, Bowtech offers superior customer service. Hoyt just didn't sell very well in our area. I have shot both the AM 32 and 35, nice bows but I wouldn't trade an Admirial or Captain for either of them. You or someone else may have a different opinion and you are welcome to it. Why come on here and run down:thumbs_do a company with statements like the one above?

Joey:smile:
Maybe turmoil is a poor choice of words but, they do have a history of limb failure. The only bow out of the bunch, I would not consider would be the 101st. A lot of guys love them but, that type of bow is not my bag baby. Out of the other 3, my favorite is the Katera.

· Registered
362 Posts
I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the bows listed. Try them all a bit more and see which one chooses you. :thumbs_up
+1 You're really just going to get confused asking that question on Forums. You have the Hoyt FB's, BT FB's, Mathews FB's, etc. and they will just tell you "oh dont go with this company because limbs fail, or this or that" It's really going to come down to what you want in a bow and what feels best. Everyone has a different opinion on every bow. I personally was a Mathews FB. This year was time for a new bow, went and tried the the Reezen being a mathews FB, then the Hoyt AM35, then the BT Admiral (not a BT fan) and walked out with the Admiral, and you know what? I haven't thought twice about my decision. There's a lot of rants and rave's about BT having bad limbs, but I have yet to personally hear or have seen anything, and All the company's have had limb problems at some point.

· Registered
3,842 Posts
I'd say go with one of the Hoyts just because they are rock solid and you bearly ever hear of any problems with them. I also shoot Hoyt bows better but that may not be the case for you. You need to shoot all of the ones you listed and choose yourself.

· Registered
571 Posts
as for as bowtech goes...this was from my personal exp...not the best customer service from the factory.... the bow shop did everything the could do to help just my opinion..

· Registered
662 Posts
I am getting a new bow! I have narrowed it down to a hoyt katera or alpha max o a bowtech 101st or guardian. Which is perfered and why? Help me out!
I just Ordered a 32 Alphamax BC. But I was torn between that and the Bowtech Captain. My Brother has a 2008 Guardian and its one of the quietest, flatest, smoothest, shooting bows ive ever seen. So if you have the extra money buy yourself the Alphamax, and if you don't you really can't go wrong with the Guardian. Being it's last years model you will save yourself alot of money for a great bow. Don't worry about all the Crap you read on hear about Bowtechs, there a solid bow and the recall of the General was blown way out of proportion. Bowtech did there customers right by issuing that recall!!! If they screwed anyone it was the Pro Shops that had to deal with the Modifications. And they only had issues with a small percentage of the bows they sold. Shoot them all and buy the one that fits you best. Toonster

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.