Archery Talk Forum banner

Bowtech or Mathews

2494 Views 42 Replies 38 Participants Last post by  Dafis
What do you think is better the 2023 bowtech models or the 2023 mathews models?
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
30,646 Posts
Every major brand has a well made and competitive flagship offering the past several years, so limiting to just two brands may exclude what is the best fit for your physique and form. The Prime Inline series was changed by force to the Revex and I've heard good things about then from a couple friends. Elite has the carbon Era and Omnia out, which a bunch of AT have shot and loved. PSE has the Mach 34, which is turning a bunch of heads as a carbon offering. Hoyt's RX7 and ultra also has a storng following. All that without even mentioning the two in your thread title. If you are an experienced shooter, don't listen to fanboys online or in a shop.....go test shoot several and figure it out. It is pretty hard to make a bad bow choice today......although those rubberized limbs will have to prove they are durable over time.

· Registered
1,205 Posts
Haven’t shot either but if I had to buy today without picking up either up it would probably be the Bowtech based on adjustability alone. Changing draw length can be done in minutes, with Mathews it’s a trip to the bow shop. You can also fix cam timing without a press. Bowtech DL adjustments are 1/4”. Mathews is in 1/2” increments so if your DL hits at say 29 1/4” you gotta do a lot of twisting or untwisting of cables. I have owned and shot several Mathews and they are great bow for sure. Will never part with my Chill X, but they are getting smoked by everybody in the adjustability department.

· Banned
4,160 Posts
There all junk! This is like asking what’s better Chevy or ford knowing full well your buying a Toyota! So I’d probably go with Athens best bang for the money!

· Registered
112 Posts
I'm a Bowtech guy, I wouldn't hesitate to shoot the Phase 4 if it was the only bow I had the option of. I dislike draw specific modules, their tophat shim system, 5 piece strings, their camo finishes leave much to be desired, their stock grip does not agree with me, the overall balance of the bow and they just dont feel as nice to draw. (In my opinion, very nice bow that will have warranty parts for the foreseeable future. I can't say that about Bowtech)

So overall, I'd shoot it but I wouldn't buy it over my Bowtech that I have now. Which is 3 years old.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts