Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how far you can turn down a Bowtech 82nd safely. With only having to take out about one turn for 10lbs it would seem that you could take a few turns out and it would still be ok. Is this right or am I way off on this? Just wondering if I can make this work as a great all around bow. I like the higher poundage for 3d and hunting but not for spots could I safely turn down a 70lb bow to 50lbs for spots? That would mean about two turns I would guess. Haven't tried it yet waiting to here what info I get before I do it.

· Registered
445 Posts
Bowtech says in their manual that the bows are designed with a 10# weight range. So a 70# limb bow can be turned down to 60# with no problems. I have heard of some guys turning down to as much as 15# below peak draw weight not sure if they have had any issues though.

· Registered
32 Posts
I backed off my Diamond Rock to 54lbs (70lb limbs) with no problem when I first started off shooting.

· Registered
403 Posts
Follow the book or call the bow maker. I have seen the results of a over turned bolt and it striped out of the riser, same as a limb failure very dangerous. They will sell you the lower limb set and the price is not that bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.