Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a search and didn't find alot of info on these two bows. I would like to hear the good and the bad. Whatever I buy I will buy one camo and one target so I would like to hear from people with firsthand experience before I drop the bucks. I have shot both and like both. I have my opinion of which I like best but would like to hear from people who have shot either for any length of time. Thanks for helping, Johnny B.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Johnny,

I've owned a 2002 Pro-38 singlecam, and currently own a 2003 Pro40 dual cam.

For target shooting, it's a toss-up. I've shot both indoors, and both will stack 'em in the X-if you do your part. For 3D the Pro40 dual will give you more speed, and is an extremely accurate bow. Once you get it "set" don't shoot groups unless you like buying new arrows all the time :D

I would definitely look at the Pro38 or the Pro 40 singelcam version for hunting as they are a quieter design, and pound for pound draw easier than the dual-cam models. They are also very quick considering their specs, and assuming an average draw length will still pump out good speed for the 3D range if you desire to use it for that. Another plus for the singles is adjustable letoff.

I think it will really boil down to what feels best for you. The bows are built on the same riser. Only the limb length and (obviously) the cam systems differ.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts